Rubbish parts.

Just a warning to hopefully save some of you time and money.

I bought and fitted a Paddocks A-Frame ball joint and fitted it 6 months ago. Looked this week and the rubber has completely perished. What is even more amazing is that the vehicle hasn't even moved!!

Had exactly the same experience with one of their Anti Roll bar linkages after 3 months. It makes you wonder how safe this stuff is.

Where do they find this junk :angry2: . Although they replaced the ARB link (haven't tried them with the ball joint yet), it is the time and hassle factor. I am now converted - LR Genuine only on the critical bits.

I've had the same thing with a handbrake gaiter.

Les.

Me too!!!

Methinks that the paddocks stuff is cheap for a reason!

I have to admit I've stopped using them - not only cos of cr@p parts, but also cos the carriers are hopeless and have lost my parcel or taken 2 weeks to deliver it etc on too many occasions!

Jon

You know you can buy the rubbers separately for most of the joints from LR?

Usually the rubbers are questionable on most patterned parts, but the joints themselves are often very good. Patterned joint and LR rubber gives quite a good result - and the rubber is cheaper to replace than the joint!

Si

Guest diesel_jim

I've had the same with a couple of Tdi oil pressure switches, they leak (out of where the spade terminal goes in) and covers the front axle with oil.

I've had 2 now, so plumped for a genuine part (only £4 compared to the bearmach @ £2 odd)

annoying though.

I have been using mainstealers lately as they are now offering non genuine landrover parts at decent prices!!!!! this is ottons in salisbury, so im not sure if any other dealers are doing the same.

I've had the same with a couple of Tdi oil pressure switches, they leak (out of where the spade terminal goes in) and covers the front axle with oil.

I've had 2 now, so plumped for a genuine part (only £4 compared to the bearmach @ £2 odd)

annoying though.

oh dear

I had 8 or 9 (all genuine) oil pressure senders in my Tdi 90 under warranty...

County stuff is all sh*&£ as is some of the own brand BM and Britpart. I go with "OEM" branded stuff or genuine for most things.

Had a Paddocks front headlight repair panel for RRC. It was the wrong one (an earlier type) and when I called I was told that they only stock one type.

I said that they should make it clear on the web site that a decent amount of fettling would be required for later RRC and the answer was something along the lines of 'what do you expect for the price?'. I have to admit it was cheap so I shut up and kept it. Still annoying that it wasn't pointed out though...

I do still use them cos I'm skint and they're cheap, but do so with caution...

Roger

Paddocks ?

Yeah :angry:

Pathetic Attitude Dimwitted D*ckheads Offering C**p Kn*bheaded Service

Monkeys on the phones who have no idea what they are doing

Promises of things in stock, that then don't arrive as they then say they are out of stock

Long waits on the phone

DREADFULL customer service (actaully if they improved they would then only be dreadfull)

Lies esp re delivery times

Poor packing, hopeless returns dept

Oh and truly C**p parts qulaity on more and more stuff

Thats assuming you even get the correct part 1st delivery

Funnily enough I told them they could shove their company, its useless mail order business and the snotty unhelpful attitude where the sun doesn't shine and haven't / wouldn't ever use them again

Other than that their fine :lol:

Nige

PS I also don't like them

I have mixed feelings about them. Ordered a set of NAS lights and a year later the lamp holders in the rear ones had corrded. Complained to Paddocks and they sent me a set of new ones at no cost. Recently ordered a set of rear trailing arm bushes and they failed within 6 months. Didn't go back to them just went ot local LR dealer and ordered genuine ones.

Ivan

Some say OEM - "other equipment manufacturer" ie firms who make parts to fit established vehicles (or any other product), some say "original equipment manufacturer", ie parts made by the manufacturer of the vehicle.

So I'm as confused as you!

Some say OEM - "other equipment manufacturer" ie firms who make parts to fit established vehicles (or any other product), some say "original equipment manufacturer", ie parts made by the manufacturer of the vehicle.

So I'm as confused as you!

Its "Original Equipment Manufacturer" it refers to the company that actually makes the parts. e.g Landrover dont make all parts, they buy some from suppliers & rebadge them.

Its then sometimes the OEM that will sell equal quality goods direct to the public.

Not to be confused with 3rd party 'pattern' parts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Original_equipment_manufacturer

Its "Original Equipment Manufacturer" it refers to the company that actually makes the parts. e.g Landrover dont make all parts, they buy some from suppliers & rebadge them.

Its then sometimes the OEM that will sell equal quality goods direct to the public.

thanks

and where can you get them?

To be fair to paddocks, they more often than not stock the OE versions of a lot of these parts too. Certainly for bushes and the like there are often several grades available, so I generally order the OE or Genuine version rather than the pattern one.

same is true of craddocks, or pretty much any mail order supplier I can think of.

Thanks! Good old Wikipedia to the rescue again :rolleyes:

Whether the OEM can sell to the market direct, depends on the licensing arrangement between the OEM and the vehicle manufacturer. LR stuff is fairly OK in this respect but others are not ………….

Over the years, with most makes of vehicle I have found that true pattern parts are usually junk, unless they come from a well known supplier that is also usually an OEM as well.

Very often ‘cheap’ is is not the oasis it appears to be !

Ian