What are you doing over Xmas?

Les Henson

I finish on Friday - after doing the water pump on a 1.8 Hippo, and that's it until the day after Boxing Day. I'm off to Turner Engineering on Thursday to pick up a new complete 300TDi cylinder head and get the cam bearings fitted and line bored, so will be spending xmas in my inventing shed putting the engine back together. Gratuitous pictures of the re-bored block-

med_gallery_2_409_102238.jpg

med_gallery_2_409_960738.jpg

med_gallery_2_409_1486193.jpg

med_gallery_2_409_629809.jpg

med_gallery_2_409_1289450.jpg

Keeping my inventing shed heated to 60-odd deg is proving expensive - I don't want all that pig-iron to start rusting!

So who else is sad enough to be working on their Land Rover over Xmas?

Les.

Well finish work on Friday , which is beers and sea food to finsh the day. Then off for two weeks untill 7th jan

Hope to get to Fraser island or do a bit of off roading over xmas.

But what ever i do i will spend alot of the time in my pool and drinking beer :) (getting into the Aussie way :D )

Getting the 90 MOT'd .......as it runs out Christmas Eve (long story mainly hinges on bad planning a while back :lol:)

Trying not to hit some of my relatives on the back of their head with a shovel and bury them in the back garden :angry:

(No, its not the season to be jolly...... I am not "A Lover" of Christmas :( ....love the time off.....hate Christmas ),

2x DRDs as marshal (AWDC 27th SLRC 30th), and hiding in the workshop away from relatives whenever I can for as long as I can

Have a look at Fitting the EAV to the V8 a la BBC post :)

Nige

Guest diesel_jim
So who else is sad enough to be working on their Land Rover over Xmas?

ME ME ME ME!!! hopefully!

98% finished the utility room this evening, just a few little tidying up jobs to do, then i can crack on with the 110, got to shorten the rear prop, fit the bulkhead,swap the swivel hub over, then i can bleed the brakes.

and if the weather is too poo, i'm building an in car PC and a new PC for my office, so can play in the warm inside! B) B)

No off roading for me this Christmas - we're off to the Inlaws in Ireland so I shall just have to make do with propper Guinness :D . Oh well, somebody has to do it! :lol:

Bish , do me a favour have a look out for a jockey wheel , I lost one coming through Waterford the other week . :lol:

"Well over xmas , I will be mostly fixing up my land rover "

Renew clutch ,

overhaul Transfer box ,

Beadlock wheels ,

Service winches ,

resplice rear rope

fit new front rope ,

Start the hydro assist project ,

empty water out of headlamps ,

repair CB ,

Straighten wing bars ,

respray truck ,

Fit the remainder of the super pro bush kit ,

Fit track rod gaurd

and then , Work on the 24th , 28th ,31st .

Teach the eldest son How to use his new Fly fishing rod ,

teach the youngest on how to ride his new motocross bike ,

Dinner with the InOut laws

Cider in the Miners arms

Roll on Jan the 2nd .

I've got the in-laws staying all through the Christmas :huh:

the RR goes for MOT on Wed and has spent the weekend being welded back together at stunning ready for 30th

spent the last five weeks redecorating and now finished so I can finally relax and play

Getting the 90 MOT'd .......as it runs out Christmas Eve (long story mainly hinges on bad planning a while back :lol:)

Trying not to hit some of my relatives on the back of their head with a shovel and bury them in the back garden :angry:

(No, its not the season to be jolly...... I am not "A Lover" of Christmas :( ....love the time off.....hate Christmas ),

2x DRDs as marshal (AWDC 27th SLRC 30th), and hiding in the workshop away from relatives whenever I can for as long as I can

Have a look at Fitting the EAV to the V8 a la BBC post :)

Nige

You do know you can put your vehicle in up to 4 weeks early for it's annual test & hence gain a 13month MOT certificate.