Strange indeed

Bull Bar Cowboy

Here is a fault for you all to ponder …………. LR90 truck cab & at speeds of over 100mph there is a strong pungent smell of burning rubber in the cab………… drop to just below 100 and the smell completely disappears…………why & what’s causing it ?

Its taken me weeks to find the fault …………

HFH is banned from this thread as he knows the answer…………… :P

Footnote:

Oh ,and the self righteous numpties out there, that are unable to read before placing their fingers on the keyboard pleased be warned …………. I wont be taking any prisoners in my reply ! :rolleyes:

Footnote:

Oh ,and the self righteous numpties out there, that are unable to read before placing their fingers on the keyboard pleased be warned …………. I wont be taking any prisoners in my reply ! :rolleyes:

Ian,, at 100mph, (goes without saying on private land) its got to be the speed of the fuel, going through the fuel line :lol:

Or else lumps of tyre tread as they part company from the carcass !!! :P

Here is a fault for you all to ponder …………. LR90 truck cab & at speeds of over 100mph there is a strong pungent smell of burning rubber in the cab………… drop to just below 100 and the smell completely disappears…………why & what's causing it ?

Its taken me weeks to find the fault …………

HFH is banned from this thread as he knows the answer…………… :P

Footnote:

At that speed you will be pushing the limits of Q-rated tyres. Wether that can produce strong smell of burning rubber I dont know.

I honestly didnt know a defender could reach that kind of speed. It must be a frightening expirience...

Chris is so close with the reasoning............ but in the wrong area…………

The tyres are 32inch Khumo KL71’s so they are not an issue ……….. but yes, at speeds of over 100 even a three lane motorway would seem very narrow……….

Tim ………….. ;):P

Kim………. On a flat area with little or no wind to either help or hinder , 114mph indicated can be reached (a little over 105 GPS) ……….up to the magical 95 or so its reasonably quick, but takes its time after that………..however it does have a fair portion of torque to help it along...........

I think tyres spinning wat too fats and as Chris said, getting larger radially. Over 100 they are rubbing on the inner wing and making hte smell.. Under 100, centrifugal forces not enough to hit inner wing....

(Mine don't rub over 100 though thankfully...)

Neil

No, No

No No and No

Nope Nah No No and No

No

No

No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No

No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No

Noooooooooo

No No No

No

:P

I know but can't tell you

Hope this reaaaaaaaly annoys :lol:

Nige

If Chris is along the right lines then I reckon it's his mudflap guess so I'm punting there's some arch extensions or wheel arch lining that can't take the pace and is being bent down onto the tyre.

Help us out - any accompanying noise (that you can hear over 200+ bhp being discharged through mud tyres)?