OT - Ready to Joust for t'honor of LR4x4

Isn't it odd how 'SWMBOs' tend to moan about our land rovers ....and time spent on them,

yet...when they wnat a 'summer house' and the man says £30 minimum delivery charge if under £100

for the shuttering for the base work and I say "I'll collect" ...they sort of suddenly love said Land Rover :wub: ?

Drive back with 4x 3mtr 4x2s and 1 x 6 metre 4x2 made for a very "Interesting drive" :wacko: kinell

post-22-1237658272_thumb.jpg

Saw some ramblers, was tempted to go a joustin' with them :lol:

The red cloth came off just before home, long live ratchet straps :)

None the less LRs are handy for the 'house DIY', I am sure others here have used theirs for far wierder

things ...............eh TC ?

Nige :)

:rofl:

This has the makings of a daft but amusing thread, wonder if it will end up moderated ?

Oooooo ...........I moderate International :lol:

Hardtop would have made little difference, couldn't get 6 f metre lump of 4x2 inside LR :lol:

I wonder who will post up the daftest pic of LR "Usage" :rofl:

Nige

Wishing you'd still got the hardtop now Nige? My best effort was moving house as a student - no money to pay anyone and all my stuff from Brighton back to Bath:

P1010009.JPG

Note the lean from the high CoG and the weight in the back putting it on the bump stops...

Extreme removals, Turbo, respect :)

Mo

No photos i am afraid but had a redneck moment a couple of years ago and used my Disco1 for tractor pulling some stumps out the front garden.

Oh the raised eyebrows of the neighbours :D (well at least I dont own a Prius!!)

The only downside was replacing the front UJ about a week after the hardcore off road action! :P

Cheers

G :)

Came back from a Sodbury Sortout in a Camel 110 with an entire 109 hardtop on the roof rack - looked like a double decker.

Otherhalfs love the Landies really, it's all part of the act.

Cheers

Blippie

In my old freelander which had a great roof rack

I drove from Eastleigh Travis Perkins to Porton Down Salisbury with over 250m of 4"x2" over 7.4m lenths.

I drove past a motorbike speed trap and the police man just looked away.

a freelander is under 4.8m

:blush:

I love threads like this one........

Heres my contribution. I drove back from Dumfries in Scotland to West Cork, Ireland with the following.....a 200tdi in the back, 5 tyres on the roof, a 16ft dungy behind and all my stuff (including the kitchen sink!)in the boat and filling the back of the 90.

I did this with a knackered TD with the clutch slipping, and when I got back there was oil blowing out the side of the block with each piston stroke!

Managed to get her up to the sum total of 60 but I to this day am convinced that she didnt get off the bumpstops!

H

post-3778-1237840283_thumb.jpg