Fleebay offering... Fuel saver etc etc... looks interesting..

Maverik

Yup, it's complete bull, it works in the same way as a EGR apart from one massive difference

A EGR cuts off the exhaust gases by design on full load as exhaust gases decrease engine power, they have it completely backwards lol

but of course the venturi design they found on wikipedia obviously makes the engine defy physics

%21Bdb2u3wBGk~$%28KGrHqUOKicEq5HCbNGQBK48QfhiFg~~_12.JPG

wow, i have never seen such utter bullsh1t in my entire life - its even worse than those magnets!!!

you are supposed to put a T piece on the pipe that goes from your sump to the inlet pipework.

Firstly this is not strictly exhaust gas, its blowby pressure from the cylinders. If you dont have a worn engine then you get virtually no sump pressure. This is not an EGR valve, that syphons exhaust gas from the exhaust manifold into the inlet.

Secondly mixing cold air into this negligable stream of sump gas as it enters the inlet pipework (where its getting mixed with ALOT of clean air) isnt going to make any difference to anything.

Thirdly, there is no filter on the metal venturi 'thing', as the sump breather pipe enters the inlet pipe AFTER the air filter. So if it does draw in cold air into the breather pipe and therefore into your engine, it is non filtered air that will damage your engine.

Fourthly, this doesnt increase or decrease the volume of sump gases going into the inlet, blowby is blowby - attaching venturis etc in line with is will not increase this - therefore all its doing is adding unfiltered air and possibly making a silly sucking noise.

Fifth, why is it adjustable? Who cares as it isnt doing anything other than adding unfiltered air into your inlet. Or is your cars overall performance directly proportional to the silly sucking noise it makes?

Sixth, the ONLY way this could possibly make any difference is if your filter was completely blocked and starving your engine of air. This nicely bypasses your filter chucking in unfiltered air. Although this would probably be negligable as the feed pipe is very thin compared to the inlet pipe.

makes you wonder how and why people buy this utter diarrhea. :ph34r:

Or is your cars overall performance directly proportional to the silly sucking noise it makes?

Silly boy - of course it is! :rtfm:

Didn't you ever have a Fiesta Turbo? :rolleyes:

Somebody post a question and ask for a copy of the printout from the dyno please :lol:

Somebody post a question and ask for a copy of the printout from the dyno please :lol:

Consider it done Mr BM. I shall keep you all posted as to what, if any, reply comes back.

Also, has anyone looked at his other items? He's got venturi generators and fuel magnets listed on there!!!

That's easy to answer - 95% of the population are really rather thick and gullible.

And to prove it

The first time I saw one of these I fell about laughing! Amazingly, they seem to sell though. Once I get bored of making useful stuff - I'll turn my lathe to making psychic phased array resonators instead! ;)

Si

And his fuel consumption tests are done on the road.......if its that impressive use a rolling road emissions dyno.

If I did fuel consumption tests on the road I would be able to prove that eating mars bars give you a 15% fuel economy benefit :lol:

If you had supersonic flow through an engine air intake it would be hell of a noisy :o

They spent ages figuring out how to stop air going supersonic on Concorde's engines on the basis it blew the engine up so I doubt that it is a good thing on a diesel either :lol:

Still waiting for the dyno graph :D

I've asked him if it will work on my Electric Freelander?! Sounds ideal to me!

Thing is - it's the seller who gets the last laugh. He will of course know what bull it is - but so long as people click that button, he's laughing!

Si

Have a look at this from the same seller - it has a laughable misrepresentation of how jet engines (turbofans at least) work :lol:

"If you look at a jet engine, it has some large fans in front of the air intake, called turbines, that spin to compress the incoming air, using just the velocity of the incoming air to turn the blade"

Si