The Grave yard

Bos

we have just had new virus software loaded on at work.

BIG PROBLEM, the bl***y thing needs to have all website categorised

ie ebay - auction site BANNED

LADBROOKES gambinling BANNEd

not too concerned saves buying carp i dont realy need

but

LR4x4.com

doesnt have a DDS or desricptive site id

can anyone helpor canthe mods amend it so it will allow me (devon's site works)?

cheers in advance

Heligan is excellent after the crowds at Eden, best to do a day at each.

If you go further down into Cornwall try Trebah Gardens just the other side of Falmouth on the Helford River.

They are set in a valley similar to Heligan, but are quieter and really informal/friendly.

The cafe is excellent too.

The cove at Trebah is where the US 29th Infantry Division embarked for Omaha Beach on D-Day.

John

What's yer budget. I used to live 3 miles out of St Austell. Never stayed in the hotels there, but there is a travelodge there, or at the other end of the scale, there are slightly flashier hotels in "Carlyon Bay", about a mile out of town. Charlestown is worth a look if you like square sail ships, there are generally 1-3 of the beasties in. Fowey and Mevagissey are worth a walkaround too, if you like the smell of seaweed. :rolleyes:

What's the software?

I'm hoping there's some information on their website, but I'm not holding out too much hope if they throw acronyms around in their error messages without explaining what they mean...I've found at least a dozen different DDS acronymns, none of which seem relevent!

We don't have a rating or description meta tag in the HTML header, which Devon4x4 do, that's the only thing I can think of. I've added these to see what happens - I've only used the only Rating type like Devon4x4 have, because quite frankly I haven't got two hours to spend working out the correct PICS rating tags for this site :rolleyes:

LR4x4.com

doesnt have a DDS or desricptive site id

can anyone helpor canthe mods amend it so it will allow me (devon's site works)?

Do you have any more info on these - or a link to how to include such?

I've tried googling, but not come up with anything useful?

Si

If we routed the warp drive through the deflector dish, and disenaged the Starboard Neacells and bypassed the primary couplings would that help ?

Nige

[scotty accent on] It simply won't take that kind of strain Captain! [scotty accent off]

Oo, he was lucky! :o (and a bit daft)

[ geek mode on ] Is that the extent of the signs? I assume he'd passed lots and lots before hand! That'll be why we have a very large book of signing requirements for road works in this Country then! [ / geek mode of ]

Not really OT as it heats my garage and with no heating, less is going to get done this winter <_<

I have a little Sealey space heater about 2 yrs old probably only done about 50hrs but doesn't work. Normally when you light the thing you hold down a button on the side of the gas valve to let the propane in, press the igniter and once it has been running for about 10 sec or so, can release the gas valve and it keeps running - there is a thermocouple thingy in it to shut off the gas if the flame dies for any reason.

Trouble is - no gas. It worked fine last time I shut it off but now won't re-light and there is no "hiss" when you press the gas valve button. The regulator on the bottle is OK and producing gas at a reasonable "hiss" level from the supply pipe but nothing coming out of the heater when you press the tit in. I guess it's the valve unit - though I don't really understand the layout of the wiring to the 2 thermocouples (I think one must be overheat shut-off and the other must be the flame failure shut-off). I'm a bit reluctant to mess with it at the risk of transforming my garage into a colossal kaboom :huh:

I guess this sort of valve arrangement is pretty common but I am not really sure how it works - there must be some sort of solenoid in it which opens when you put power on. Does anybody who knows about these things have any suggestions for what the problem might be and how it might be fixed (safely)? It is out of guarantee but really not very old so I don't want to chuck it away if it can be easily repaired - and there are none to buy locally at the moment anyway so it will be a bluddy cold winter if it can't be fixed <_<

post-33-1178888746_thumb.jpg

post-33-1178888754_thumb.jpg

post-33-1178888769_thumb.jpg

Ta :)

At work we have a couple of these...

Heater2.jpg

They are very simular to your heater & we had a simular problem with one not so long ago! (not the first time either!)

There is a gas solenoid in the gas feed (see your pic below in circle) the best way to test it would be to disconnect the wires to it & apply power to it & it should click! Check the voltage on the label first! Also no need to have the gas on to do this!

If it does not click thats your problem & its normally the coil that seems to go on ours! Remove the nut that holds the coil on (black plastic bit) & it will slide off! Replacement coil over here around £20

If it does click the fault must be with whatever switches the power to the solenoid! Ours have a control box as they are controlled via a stat & these boxes do go but not that often & I don't think yours has that as I cant see one in the pics!

If you need a coil & can't get one there I might be able to help you out depending on what spec & size it is! (think they are a standard thing)

Heater1.jpg

HTH :)

Interesting, thanks :)

That is the bit I had my eye on as the most likely thing to be getting in the way of the gas. Now you mention it, I used to be able to hear quite a loud "click" when I switched the power on - which must have been the solenoid - but not any more. I will poke around on the weekend and see if it is getting 230V at the terminals, if it is then I guess it is bladdered.

The heater is a Sealey LP60 as shown here but the chances of getting spares for anything like that here is probably somewhere the far side of me having a barbecue on the moon this weekend :( I think there was a parts diagram with the thing when I bought it but it probably went in the bin :unsure:

Thanks for the help :)

Hi,

I guess this thread is well and truely in the wrong place, I tried in the tech thread but was refused.... doh..!

Just a quicky, anyone know of a MF website like this one as I have a 1957 MF35 with a few problems...?

Regards

db