Poorly Paul Wightman

GBMUD

I know a lot of members here know Paul Wightman - some personally and some by reputation. He was taken ill last week, initially thinking he had indigestion and later, suspecting a stuck chicken bone, he drove himself to the hospital (local A+E is now some 25+ miles away) where they informed him that he has had a heart attack. I understand that it was not a major attack and he should be out of hospital soon - but taking it easy I guess.

When you read this Paul, hope you are feeling better and best wishes for a speedy recovery. :) We have a sweepstake running on how few days you sit home convalessing before you go back to the Forge. ;)

Chris

Hi Paul...

sent you an email thursday.. hope you got it. Jim informed me, was shocked as you always seem so calm and together, in fact you are a gem and well worth listening too.

As per email "Just wanted to say that I hope you are recovering well

with Very best wishes to you and your family"

Take care mate

Lawrence

Hopeing you a speedy recovery Paul

Hope you get well soon, after all need you back in the challange scene . As one of the nicest and most help people i know in the challange crowd. And am pleased, no honoured to have competed against and with you in events. So come on mate get over it and battle on like you do in the events and you will be back to full fitness soon

alll the best

Ali

Only just in as well,,

Real sorry to here this,, get well soon Paul

Only really meet you and your son at Tony's bash,, when you volunteered !! to be our team mate !!

Had the most excellent day,, did not win, but learned o so much, picking your brains, and watching a master at work !!

See you soon mate

Hi, this is Paul's wife. Diana

Never done this before so hope it does actually appear on the right forum etc etc.,

Paul is fine, bored as hell and trying to escape using bed sheets.

He had an angiogram done at Redhill last Thursday, was hoping to have any work needed doing there and then but the surgeon doing it was not happy as there was a bit more damage than originally thought so he transferred him to Sussex County at Brighton.

He is having angio-plasti today(monday) . A "stent" is being inserted into artery.

Rather him than me.

He has been told to re-cuperate at home for 6-8 weeks and he told them where to go.

Trust me he wont be home that long, I'll "do him in" if he is

Home tomorrow hopefully.

He was allowed to go out (with me) yesterday for some fresh air and excercise, so we walked down a bloody great hill to the sea front, it was me that needed the hospital bed by the time we got back. So getting the feeling he might be "attention seeking"

Have printed out all yr good wishes and will take them tonight. Thank you very much for all yr replies we all appreciate it. He will no doubt be back on line within minutes of being home.

Thanks again

Diana