Nene Overland: experiences and opinions please

Hi folks.

I'm looking to buy a good Td5 or TDCI 90 and Nene seems to have a decent stock. I haven't had any dealings with them, so am looking for opinions from those of you who have. I'd be very grateful if you'd PM your experiences to me.

Sorry not got an experiences but I'll put in my 2p's worth... huge stock, lovely vehicles, but pretty expensive, they're Aberdeen prices plus some... they did there bit of increaseing the "value" of Camels... i.e. priceing your average joe out of owning one.

No experience of them personally, but you might as well factor this into your decision process:

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news/local/dealer-regrets-signature-fraud-1-2313154

Two idiots, the guy from nene and the guy that "gave" his car to someone to sell...

I mean really.

Personally I would buy one that's unmolested from else where... You're bound to get it cheaper.

Two idiots, the guy from nene and the guy that "gave" his car to someone to sell...

I mean really.

Personally I would buy one that's unmolested from else where... You're bound to get it cheaper.

It would seem that the "idiot guy that "gave" his car to someone to sell..." really lost out - seems he got nothing!

I personally would not buy anything from a dealer conviceted of such an obvious fraud - how could you believe anything they said? did anybody see anything about this in the various Land-Rover Magazines? (or maybe they were too worried about losing advertising revenue?)

Thanks, guys. We took a look around, just in case, already feeling wary, but they really gave us the creeps. We both got a bad feeling just looking around the vehicles before even entering the building to see the staff. And they're much more expensive than Land Rover Approved vehicles which have lower mileages and vastly better warrantys. As for the Icons... :unsure:

It would seem that the "idiot guy that "gave" his car to someone to sell..." really lost out - seems he got nothing!

I personally would not buy anything from a dealer conviceted of such an obvious fraud - how could you believe anything they said? did anybody see anything about this in the various Land-Rover Magazines? (or maybe they were too worried about losing advertising revenue?)

I'd say Mr Everett learnt a valuable lesson the hard way, don't give your car to anyone. As it says on the document, a V5 isn't proof of ownership. I really have no sympathy.

did anybody see anything about this in the various Land-Rover Magazines? (or maybe they were too worried about losing advertising revenue?)

Well,LRO certainly wouldn't print it - they're far to pally to be impartial or remotely objective and get too many goodies and works. They are somehow blind as to how this ruins their credibility, though.

The story did the rounds in the press and on some of the LR forums at the time.

Thanks for the interest an replies, everyone. We bought an immaculate 2009 90XS through a LR Approved franchise dealer, so at a little extra cost have the piece of mind of knowing it's one of the best about and has a decent warranty. Other comparable vehicles were slightly more dog-eared and lacked the big warranty but were only fractionally cheaper, so I think we did well. Helena's very excited. ;)

Shame about LRO, I was a subscriber for years - then got fed-up when they printed that stupid review of wheel braces, none of which would fit a Landrover, was thinking of re-starting, but this has really put me off.

I gave up reading LRO when they started printing technically incorrect technical articles. I don't feel inclined to return.

• 2 years later...

I no this is an old post. But I have had so much carp with nene overland and I no loads of people that have too.

I would so very strongly recommend no one goes near the place.

I could tell you the whole story but ill be here forever writing it !!!!

Just to sum it up £15000 defender. 5 weeks to prep it. Picked it up got 16 faults. Went back for a few more weeks. Come back worse. ...loads of time and arguments later... got loads of parts off them and fitted myself as I don't trust there mechanics ..... left my front brakes loose!!!!!!

Well, I'm glad I went elsewhere, even though Stratstone of Nottingham were less than frank with us and sent the vehicle out with a couple of electrical faults that made it unroadworthy. The 90XS we bought is now up for sale, since we're moving abroad. My wife has enjoyed it a lot after the initial problems with Stratstones.

I mean really.

Mike, this isn't levelled at you specifically but if you think you are not an 'idiot' and will never get scammed - just wait!

I thought I was smart enough to see through a scam - until it happened to me. Boy did I feel stupid - but I didn't need anyone else telling me. I only lost 50 GBP - but it was a wake up call that it can happen to anyone no matter how clever / sceptical / suspicious they think they are!

Si

• Like 1