ibex 300 build

That;s good to read, :i-m_so_happy: shame their emission kit was busted.:wacko:

Rear reflector angle.  assuming tester mentioned these as they are on a downward facing angle & would be better on a vertical plane like a 90/110's are ? 

Heater output.   just wondering what the heater output has to do with a IVA test ? 

Notchy steering.  column joints stiff maybe

Fuel cap tether. maybe a length of brass chain fitted to the inside of filler neck & cap would be satisfactory 

Doesn't sound bad at all, well done. Makes you wonder how bad the equipment was at Southampton if great chunks of it weren't working at Gillingham!

Is there a definitive spec for the chassis plate? I shall have to do one for the 130.

9 hours ago, western said:

Depends how you look at it. If they had completed the test, then it would have failed on minor points, and cost a retest fee.

This way, same repeated journey, but it passes 'first time' and no retest fee :D

• Like 1

10 hours ago, western said:

Rear reflector angle.  assuming tester mentioned these as they are on a downward facing angle & would be better on a vertical plane like a 90/110's are ? 

Heater output.   just wondering what the heater output has to do with a IVA test ? 

Notchy steering.  column joints stiff maybe

Fuel cap tether. maybe a length of brass chain fitted to the inside of filler neck & cap would be satisfactory 

As western says that's pretty much the fixes. 

Heater is a little stiff so lube and check sealing. It's the demist capabilities they are interested in.

I suspect stiff it's ordered two new but will lube to check. 

Fuel cap is two screws, two crimps and a length of cable.

Vin plate had additional info. It must have: manufacturer (Not model as mine does), vin number (mine has chassis number as well but shouldn't). Then it can have axle weights and gross weight but doesn't need to have these.

Rear reflectors a levellng block to make them vertical is in the works.

Mike 

1 hour ago, miketomcat said:

As western says that's pretty much the fixes. 

Heater is a little stiff so lube and check sealing. It's the demist capabilities they are interested in.

I suspect stiff it's ordered two new but will lube to check. 

Fuel cap is two screws, two crimps and a length of cable.

Vin plate had additional info. It must have: manufacturer (Not model as mine does), vin number (mine has chassis number as well but shouldn't). Then it can have axle weights and gross weight but doesn't need to have these.

Rear reflectors a levellng block to make them vertical is in the works.

Mike 

They all look to be fairly easy fixes then, understand about the heater now. 

2 hours ago, landroversforever said:

Have you got train weight on there too? Guessing that will be needed to be able to tow?

Sorry yes it's gross vehicle then train then axles 1,2,3 etc but as said you only have to have manufacturer and vin to pass according to my tester. When I re-make mine I will have gvw gtw and axles because it suits me and covers me for towing.

Yes all are easy fixes if you were allowed and the emissions tester weren't broken. I could of had it fixed that day up there as I had enough with me to sort them. But ha ho.

Mike

Phoned yesterday got told to try again Monday. I guess I'll be waiting till it's fixed but when they offered this appointment the next wasn't till 22nd June. However it should take no more than an hour so I'm hoping I'll get squeezed in earlier.

Mike

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, miketomcat said:

Continuation of IVA test booked for 2nd July at 12.30. Good job I'm not in a hurry.... they don't even have a cancellation list so I've got to keep phoning to see if an earlier one has opened up.:angry:

Mike

It really does seem like a complete sh!tshow of an operation. Basic things missed that could make the whole system more efficient. 

2 hours ago, miketomcat said:

I will put in a formal complaint once I'm through.

Mike

Apart from personal satisfaction, you will achieve didly squat. 

This is why so few people start this process, let alone finish....

Keep at it, you are nearly there!

Daan