The EBay Christ I fancy that 4x4 + its cheap thread

21 hours ago, landroversforever said:

Interesting to know about the chassis… I’m suspecting it’s just a stretched Rangie instead and it’s just been misinterpreted from the wheelbase. 

They just look like regular LSEs. I did wonder if they might have been put on a 110 chassis to handle the extra weight of the armour, but I don't think the 110 chassis is any stronger? Plus if the article is correct they weren't originally armoured.

3 hours ago, geoffbeaumont said:

They just look like regular LSEs. I did wonder if they might have been put on a 110 chassis to handle the extra weight of the armour, but I don't think the 110 chassis is any stronger? Plus if the article is correct they weren't originally armoured.

I didn't get round to comparing side by side with pictures of an LSE. But they're 108" aren't they?

23 hours ago, geoffbeaumont said:

They definitely did a HD 110 chassis as we saw a couple in build on the factory tour. It had extra plating top and bottom from memory. The hamburger one looks longer behind the rear wheel the battenburg not so much.

Mike

Rear doors on the police ones are different to both the standard and LSE. Hard to say without taking a tape measure to them, but they look like they're same length as standard coming to a wheel arch in LSE position (or maybe two inches further back - I for one aren't going to claim I could tell the difference from photos).

So definitely not standard LSE shells.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geoffbeaumont said:

Rear doors on the police ones are different to both the standard and LSE. Hard to say without taking a tape measure to them, but they look like they're same length as standard coming to a wheel arch in LSE position (or maybe two inches further back - I for one aren't going to claim I could tell the difference from photos).

So definitely not standard LSE shells.

That was what I was thinking. Standard ‘sized’ rear doors but different arch position. 

• 4 weeks later...

The swing out stabilisers might prove to be a pain for building related hoe work and the rear hoe itself looks short for the size?

The Case with 4 in 1 front and extending rear hoe arm is pretty good all round , 4x4 too.

I look after a Hydrema forestry forwarder converted from a 10t dump truck , they seem a tough platform and also appear as mine clearing machines.

Steve 

1 hour ago, steve b said:

The swing out stabilisers might prove to be a pain for building related hoe work and the rear hoe itself looks short for the size?

The Case with 4 in 1 front and extending rear hoe arm is pretty good all round , 4x4 too.

I look after a Hydrema forestry forwarder converted from a 10t dump truck , they seem a tough platform and also appear as mine clearing machines.

Steve 

Steve, where is your sense of adventure 🙂

Stabilisers don't worry me too much as have the Hitachi mini digger for tighter work. Rear arm is a fair point as there is no extender like you would get on a Case/JCB. 

I would actually much prefer a Case 580/New Holland equivalent over a JCB 3cx. I have spent many many hours on an early 2000's Case 580 Super LE

• 2 weeks later...