The EBay Christ I fancy that 4x4 + its cheap thread

On 11/30/2023 at 4:46 PM, L19MUD said:

After 2.5 painful years it looks like we might actually move house tomorrow....my searching for a backhoe loader has therefore kicked up a notch. I thought this might interest on here (and it is a 4x4 as per the thread title!!)

What's your budget? I know of a Ford 655 (I think it's a 655 he's selling not his 550) that might be up for sale if he can convince himself to do it. Extremely well looked after and just had a load of work done on it that wasn't really necessary.

11 hours ago, Ed Poore said:

What's your budget? I know of a Ford 655 (I think it's a 655 he's selling not his 550) that might be up for sale if he can convince himself to do it. Extremely well looked after and just had a load of work done on it that wasn't really necessary.

A 655 would be in budget, can you PM me some details please?

• 2 weeks later...

It's not cheap and I don't want it, but it is perhaps the best-looking version of a Disco pickup I've seen. It doesn't even look as tail-heavy as most of the better ones, though that might be the photo angles.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/276238932464

image.png.9c3209eae8d06f971acd1ceb03bbabff.png

image.png.b5247a5cc657d08dc76dd7dc5eaaa1a4.png

Shame it was driven on a beach.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hurbie said:

it will fit , just make it a mid engine configuration 😉 

Got an 8x5.5ft flatbed on the back so would easily fit, just be a useless vehicle. Anyway a similar accident(s) happened so now I need to find the roundtuits.

2 hours ago, Ed Poore said:

Kind of proves the point that axle survivability is down to the driver. Doesn't look like he's running massive tyres which will help too.

Indeed, some folks can grenade diffs with a 110hp TDi while others can cruise serenely round with more than double the power and never have an issue. Just like some talented folks can roll a Ferrari.