The EBay Christ I fancy that 4x4 + its cheap thread

29 minutes ago, ThreePointFive said:

Those are brilliant. There have to be some cosmetically-ruined, mechanically-sound Series cars just begging for that conversion

Initially I too was attracted to the green one, but the longer I looked the more the yellow shock absorbers and coil springs jarred my eye. Neither are of the age of the body style, certainly they do not fit with a Series era car, mechanically sound or not.

Regards.

• Like 1

I'll stick my neck out, I think the long bonnet Defender does have some charm. Must be room for a Jag V12, right? Could make for a great tow car! 😄

On another note, I 'might' have acquired a couple of Matra Bagheeras... One is in very poor shape, crash damage to the front end and of course so rusty it left a layer on the trailer after unloading. But how hard can it be to mate the plastic body to the chassis of an equally rusty Disco or such? 🙃

• Like 1

Looks like it will be pretty rotten unfortunately, much surface rust, front wheel arch repairs already there, and mud in the chassis. 

Looks like it has been tarted up in certain areas for sale, like the removal of the tow bar which was in all likelihood crusty, then shultz or something similar sprayed over the worst of it. 

Add to the hyperbole of the advert, I would steer well clear! 

9 hours ago, L19MUD said:

I will admit I did not look that closely, not quite the bargain I thought!

Shame as it could be lovely 

Might still be a good buy for the right person. I must admit I've completely lost track of what is/ isn't a good price for used vehicles these last few years as everything seems to have gone crazy. 

UK prices for good used cars are likely to increase in a few years’ time as the 2030 limit approaches.  Now that German and Italian industry forced the EU into a brief moment of lucidity, their prices should be a little more sensible and not balloon in 2034.  One can only hope our next government come to the realisation that the 2030 plan is a pointless act of self-immolation.

I really, REALLY like those two "veteran" conversions. I have been hankering after a really old car for a long time. Something like a Morris Eight or Austin Ten.

This sort of thing could really fit the bill. Getting the springing right on the leafer would be interesting. Just remove one leaf at a time until you get the desired effect.

Even that Kahn thing would better if roof was off. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Blanco said:

That does look sweet,..... is it significant that there is no linky? I mean you wouldn't want anyone else to get there first :ph34r:

Thought I'd posted the link, it's up at Bonhams UK...

Think I'll keep mine though, one is more than enough work :lol:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, FridgeFreezer said:

How very dare you!

It's the ambulance that is a bit Flintsones right now... but that's due to be sorted tomorrow.

Yes I know. I remembered it was the Ambulance after posting !