What the f**k is wrong with people?

Tetsu0san

It's time a simple system was introduced. All cars, irrespective of age, should have their tail and headlights on whenever the engine is running. No DRLs, as they are front end only. With fog lights, get caught with them on during clear weather or off in poor conditions and you get one warning. Get caught again and you get a 12 month ban. get caught again and that's it - banned for life.

The problem with British roads is not their capacity or maintenance budget but excessive amount of vehicles in the country. Its way beyond time to start thinning them out by rigorous, or even vicious, application of the rules and withdrawl of driving privileges based on driver ability and attitude. Cars driven uninsured, untaxed or with no MoT should be confiscated and auctioned off. Unqualified or suspended drivers caught behind the wheel should have their legs broken and all their assets stripped as punishment for attempted murder. That'd get some of the idiots off the roads.

Having a sh*t day and I was suffering from the temptation to put a rant on this thread. I'm going to settle for a 'like' to this.

Back to the wine.....

I enjoyed my drive around Belgium this evening, apart from the satnav in the Viano taking us right through the center of Brussels it was pleasant, right up until we got to our destination, took the X-rays and programmed autosnelweg into the bloomin navigation that I found out how F'ing tedious it is to drive at 90kph due to "SMOG control" on the routes surrounding Brussels, it wasn't other car drivers as the Viano can stack any of them for acceleration and tops out at 170, but for the life of me I fail to see why there is a need for rush hour speed reduction to 90kph when all it does is cause an enormous back log of traffic!!!

Sorry, I just came to the conclusion that vehicular lighting was optional on these "modern" cars :blink:

Thats why us bikers ride about with dip beam permanently on. When cocks pull out in front of us ("because they didnt see us") it can easily kill.....

They still do it to us though...My Honda is headlight on all the time, dipped beam.

Had a white van trip the 'slow, 30mph, bend' sign a the end of my road this morning...in visibility of about 50yds tops...passed a couple of cars again with no fog lights on. One thing that really annoys me is people who park up and leave the headlights on...just leave it on sidelights!

I don't drive much in the UK at the moment but last time I did I concluded that:

1 - the MOT no longer tests for headlamp alignment.

2 - most cars on the road are under three years old and manufacturers don't bother to align headlights

3 - in the UK HID lights are designed to flicker and flash at other motorists just to annoy them

but for the life of me I fail to see why there is a need for rush hour speed reduction to 90kph when all it does is cause an enormous back log of traffic!!!

Actually, most efficient speed for getting cars through a given point is 17mph.... And by slowing down traffic you reduce the bunching up (and therefore congestion and accidents) during busy periods.

It's time a simple system was introduced. All cars, irrespective of age, should have their tail and headlights on whenever the engine is running. No DRLs, as they are front end only. With fog lights, get caught with them on during clear weather or off in poor conditions and you get one warning. Get caught again and you get a 12 month ban. get caught again and that's it - banned for life.

The problem with British roads is not their capacity or maintenance budget but excessive amount of vehicles in the country. Its way beyond time to start thinning them out by rigorous, or even vicious, application of the rules and withdrawl of driving privileges based on driver ability and attitude. Cars driven uninsured, untaxed or with no MoT should be confiscated and auctioned off. Unqualified or suspended drivers caught behind the wheel should have their legs broken and all their assets stripped as punishment for attempted murder. That'd get some of the idiots off the roads.

Wow - that's definitely one way.

In terms of compassion I have a slinking suspicion that you stand slightly to the right of Atilla the Hun, Snags :rofl:

I vote police snipers stationed on motorway bridges and in hedgerows authorised to shoot out any lights that shouldn't be on.

I'm sorry but that won't work, road conditions may change so that the driver would need the lights later on.

The driver would not be able to do that because of a typical state over reaction to this simple issue.

Far better to simply shoot the driver.

Surely if the police were equipped with RPG's then they could remove both driver and vehicle simultaneously, this would help to solve overcrowding of the roads, lack of housing and also help to restore the health of the gene pool for future generations.

Surely if the police were equipped with RPG's then they could remove both driver and vehicle simultaneously, this would help to solve overcrowding of the roads, lack of housing and also help to restore the health of the gene pool for future generations.

If ever there was a helping hand for Darwin this was it LOL :rofl:

Barry, Now you're talking mate, and anyway you would'nt have to use the police to remove said drivers the military has just made redundant 20000 personell so they could do the job quite nicely-either that or they should be re-uniformed into the border agency and be used that way Instead :stirthepot:

John

See, now the problem with that is the debris it leaves behind. What you need are some good disruptors.

See, now the problem with that is the debris it leaves behind. What you need are some good disruptors.

Nah, chain gun on an Apache only leaves tiny bits of debris...... AND it works regardless of day or night.

Wow - that's definitely one way.

In terms of compassion I have a slinking suspicion that you stand slightly to the right of Atilla the Hun, Snags :rofl:

That limp-wristed liberal leftie? Pah!

I saw more of these idiots yesterday morning. I know they're the most popular colours, so it's not surprising that silver and grey cars are the worst offenders. It's also not surprising that the other groups of worst offenders are BMWs, Mercs and RR Sports. Odd, that, isn't it? ;)

I agree with the philosophy that rear fogs should only be used when there is no-one close to you - I switch mine off when traffic closes up enough that the (poor) rear Defender tail lights will be quite sufficient by themselves to avoid irritating following

Nope. My lights are perfectly adjusted. Also just through mot. Just a lot of anti-biker d!cks out there like to flash them for having their lights on all the time. If the majority of car drivers opened their eyes from time to time, bikers wouldnt put their lights on permanently.

Anyway i think were digressing a little. Apart from that i agree with everything you've said :)

One problem with bikes (including mine) is that the front end and lights bounce up and down so the alignment goes high and low causing blinding flickering.

Marc.