How does everyone keep themselves motivated on a project?

Yeah, that's a valid point- we wrote an extensive checklist prior to the window of work almost walking through the whole job mentally. From this we then tried to find all the bits that had got scattered everywhere and compiled a list of bits that were required to complete the vehiclr and ordered them online.

Even doing this there were still a few unexpected bits that were needed!

Splitting time off into a couple of chunks with time for parts deliveries between could be a way forward.

In Northumberland, white boards attract every blood drinking insect known to mankind, I use a bit of cardboard....

Hahaha, some good tips in here thanks

Increasing the alcohol content of the bloodstream may improve the blood sucking insect resistance...

i plan to build a house with an attached, central heated workshop one day!

Check to that one, but 109" STW Project still on +10 years now.... Althougth in that time the Daily drive 88" got several jobs done, rebuild the house twice, plus complete garden redone. In other words: life got in the way ( took all the build money)

The 109" project got stranded when we bought the farm, and first got back on track last winter when time finally was left for it. And now the motivation comes natural from finished bits and putting things back together, also the final goal of being able to fit the hole family in one Land Rover is a great motivation.

just over a year after i started this thread. Guess how much progress has been made on the series II

Ive managed to purchase but not get round to fitting a new harness from autosparks. That is all :hysterical:

My daily driver 200TDi series III is also now parked up awaiting a bulkhead change and engine conversion "rework"
and i have a TD5 discovery to drive about in while i sort the series III

I've been doing a lot of jobs on other poeples cars and gotten more and more involved in my local YFC again now i'm back home from uni.

Thus leaving zero time for any series II action :rtfm:

just over a year after i started this thread. Guess how much progress has been made on the series II

Ive managed to purchase but not get round to fitting a new harness from autosparks. That is all :hysterical:

My daily driver 200TDi series III is also now parked up awaiting a bulkhead change and engine conversion "rework"

and i have a TD5 discovery to drive about in while i sort the series III

I've been doing a lot of jobs on other poeples cars and gotten more and more involved in my local YFC again now i'm back home from uni.

Thus leaving zero time for any series II action :rtfm:

I know it's not a positive thought but why hang on to it?

You have a D2 for daily drive and your modded S3, life is picking up as you say with YFC activities, it doesn't make much sense to me in keeping it unless you either dump the D2 or the S3.

After running one now as my daily I might lean to a project toy but no way in hell would I stretch to a project, a modded toy and a D2 daily, eurobox daily driver and a fun bus yeah.

I have a ton of work stacking up because I don't have a safe place to work on my vehicle and because it's my daily driver I can't afford to have it off the road, but if I had a place to work on it I would only have one project/land rover at a time, I think you should look at the quality Vs value of your time, two project vehicles and a D2 daily means your actual social time is a compromise between social and project time one or the other gets neglected, the more projects means less time divided between them as well as maintaining your daily.

I think selling the S2 is a better option, frees up time and money for the S3 and gives less pressure when something happens to the D2.

Just my honest opinion.

Woah there! As Land Rover enthusiastic we are not supposed to encourage each other to sell our land rovers. We are supposed to egg each other on until every piece of real estate we own is completely filled with land rovers, until our spouses are sick of the damn things, we are borderline bankrupt and we own more cars than the local dealership!

Woah there! As Land Rover enthusiastic we are not supposed to encourage each other to sell our land rovers. We are supposed to egg each other on until every piece of real estate we own is completely filled with land rovers, until our spouses are sick of the damn things, we are borderline bankrupt and we own more cars than the local dealership!

I know, but putting a realistic view on it, I always wanted to have a couple of projects on the go, but in reality I see little point in having more than one project motor, my personal problem is space, but even if I had space, I would restrict myself to one on the time basis, I don't want to be scraping cash together for #3 parts and then struggling for time to fit them when I could be out driving and enjoying #1.

Older age has brought a sense of realism and priorities, I have come to realize why I keep my Discovery, it keeps me spannering and gets me off road when I want to go, I won't waste a moments thought on adding a third project once we have a second vehicle(eurobox run around) life is too short and there's never enough money, why try over stretching, so far it never worked for me so I won't bother trying.

Well that's me described to a tee.

Mike

...me too , including more than one Unimog ............

If It's dry and secure and not costing an arm and a leg to store it just mothball it and get on with what you are doing .

It's not like you are an old git like me who still hasn't got control of it :hysterical:

cheers

Steveb

I'm surprised this thread is as long as it is. The answer (as others have said) is simple - You either want to do it or you don't. If you don't, sell it.

That said, i do have periods where i am less motivated, but it always comes back in a few weeks.

The man knows me so well, and yet we've never met (I don't think)!