Stolen 90

Just  a message to let you know by beloved vehicle was stolen in the early hours. I don't expect to get it back  judging by other peoples experiences.

Decided I won't be getting another Land Rover either, too much of a risk of the same happening again sadly it's time to give up.

Regards Ian T

I know exactly how you feel and, like Simon, hope that you get lucky.  My 110 was stolen in January and never recovered.  Police did next to nothing.  I got over 25000 shares on Facebook alone but only one report of a sighting - a taxi driver  had spotted it driving erratically a few minutes after it had been taken.  Despite the area being populated with ANPR cameras it was not picked up.  I personally contacted every business with CCTV along the probable route but couldn't catch the reg on the accompanying car.

Mine was only one of half a dozen stolen in the area within a few weeks.  When I reported it, the police seemed more interested in my age and ethnicity than in actively pursuing the theft and advised me that, if recovered, I would be charged for all forensic costs, recovery and associated storage.  Those costs probably wouldn't be covered by insurance.  One of the local PCSO's took a personal interest, but could't do much except sympathise.

Like you I decided not to replace with another Land Rover, just to put the work in then get it stolen again.

They do come back occasionally - a customer had one recovered a few months back, luckily it had a duff fuel guage and they ran out of diesel! 

Police wont bother getting involved anymore - I've started fitting tk103 gps tracker units to my cars, only 30 quid on amazon and work really well.

Just now, landroversforever said:

Sadly with the cuts to policing these days they often just haven't got enough staff to pursue  the case :(.

A contentious point Ross IMO. If one of us caught up with these thieves and dealt them some justice, there would be no shortage of budget to hunt us down and tell us the error of our ways :/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mickeyw said:

A contentious point Ross IMO. If one of us caught up with these thieves and dealt them some justice, there would be no shortage of budget to hunt us down and tell us the error of our ways :/

Yeah I know, that's the more gutting part of it. You just know they'd come down harder on us if we did something in retaliation than the assholes that have nicked it in the first place.

5 minutes ago, landroversforever said:

Yeah I know, that's the more gutting part of it. You just know they'd come down harder on us if we did something in retaliation than the assholes that have nicked it in the first place.

Its what you call "justice"... :angry2:

Only decent picture I could lay my hands on.

worst part was it was taken off the drive and I was asleep in bed, my wife heard it start up thought it was me going to work at first then realised I was still asleep at the side of her so woke me up.

By the time I got up and went to the window it was gone.

Heard nothing from the police although it only took me 10 minutes to get through and report it.

Had a steering lock on but that didn't stop them, no broken glass either so  obviously came prepared  and was taken to order.

Gutted I have spent a fortune on it as well as all the man hours.

Thanks for the replies don't expect I will see it again. question is now  how long the insurance will take to sort it all out.

Back to cycling to work for the next month or so :-(

20160806_160451.thumb.jpg.0e5422f65d20309d9b24e7903b2e3332.jpg

So sad reading this IanT90. I’ve got the SafeTPedal on my Landy. A car parked 2cm’s in front and a fence and hedge and a house behind it. These low life’s make my blood boil. 😡😡😡  

fingers crossed for a recovery but don’t let it put you off the love of the landy........ it’ll never feel the same driving about in a astra or the like. 👍

Ian T,

Really sorry to hear about this. I too worry about this issue as my son has just got hold of his dream motor,  Military 110 .

I 've told him to give Skytag , gps tracking a call, for this very reason. Based in Gainsborough .Also to have it ping on his mobile phone if it's nicked.

These thieves  should be taken to the woods and have their fingers chopped off with a very blunt axe.

I really hope you get it back mate.

Dave.

• Like 1

It has just dawned on me, but i'm sure that quite a few years ago, there was a spate of motors being stolen and i think the thief's were  members of some off road site/ forum/club ??. I think they got the vehicle information from members posting images from their vehicles with the registration number and the area from where they lived. For this reason alone , i've told my son to never post images with the reg number. There are some very nasty and devious people out there!!!.  Hate the lot of them.

• Thanks 1

Sadly I don't think I have the heart to put all the work, time and money into restoring another land rover, just to have some low life take it away again.

The really sad part is I don't want to go back to a car, but it's the only sensible option now.

Thanks for all the comments and support happy motoring.

Regards Ian

Yes the pikey/lowlife situation has got so bad - they know they can get away with it 'cos the cops can do nothing. The only thing anyone can do is put as many obstacles in their way as possible (eg other vehicles in the way, metal gates, cameras etc) to make it as difficult as possible for them to even think about trying to take it, and then hopefully they move on to the less well protected next one. But even given precautions I've heard of pikeys who cut down a whole section of 6ft hedge to get to a vehicle - and then came after the owner with a 3ft crowbar when challenged. Or years ago thieves who took a sierra cosworth from behind security chained metal gates with a portable angle grinder. Makes you sick...

On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:53 AM, Snagger said:

I think the Americans have the right idea in how seriously car theft is treated, it is after all the second most expensive item most of us will ever own, after a home.

:lol: says who? only if you buy new and ive never had a new car lol

hope it turns up 

11 hours ago, Maverik said:

Get a decent later model 300tdi D1, they're so underrated amazing vehicle and very cheap to boot, and they don't attract any attention what so ever. 

2nd that  i never was a fan of discoverys intill i had owned one ive owned a few  tdi's  v8's  td5 loved them all as much as my 90 i cannot part her

There was a grey 90 puma stolen from up our way last night/early morning, very distinctive with horse decals along its sides and a full length rack, also had diamond cut wheels.  Theiving ***** also stole a quad from the same farm.

not good ☹️