OT - Reliant Ant

20 minutes ago, Daan said:

If Mr bean was a builder...

Are you going to keep it standard or is there a cunning plan? here some ideas for a decent engine:

https://forum.retro-rides.org/thread/211498/reliant-kitten-estate-blackbird-powered?page=10

Daan

Stop it!! This is already a distraction from the 110 re chassis I have on hold pending my house sale and I have had to promise to get it done without interfering with that move. Must avoid temptation to modify/go crazy on a restoration

The plan is really to get running, lights/brakes check and adjust then clean up ready for MOT

On 2/18/2021 at 2:56 PM, L19MUD said:

I don't suppose he has a yellow door?! 😁

I'll ask next time I see him. Between him and his brother they've got 4 road worthy reliants and goodness knows how many bits and pieces, so there's a good chance...

3 hours ago, Romahomepete said:

If you would rather have 4 wheels you could look for one of these.  It is a Jiffy pickup truck, a kit marketed by Indespension the trailer people in the 1980s.  The front end is straight mini front subframe with power plant, the rest isd a ladder chassis more sturdy than a land rover

We turned one into a camper in the lat 80s, we had to stretch the chassis in the middle by 300mm to get the Romahome demountable body to fit

Peter

f3dcfca8bf803b3f1eb7e0512fe79652.jpg

jiffy.jpg

I like that!

Thanks for the comments, she is home. Turns over well but no spark even after fitting new points and condenser, i think the coil has failed. I may as well put electronic ignition in 

IMG_20210220_133954.thumb.jpg.3239ab208d35c34e765edad38a2cc0f8.jpg

Defender didn't struggle!

IMG_20210220_134836.thumb.jpg.34892ae7a33ff63b360db225786ab7b5.jpg

Three wheels and three ramps!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Romahomepete said:

If you would rather have 4 wheels you could look for one of these.  It is a Jiffy pickup truck, a kit marketed by Indespension the trailer people in the 1980s.  The front end is straight mini front subframe with power plant, the rest isd a ladder chassis more sturdy than a land rover

We turned one into a camper in the lat 80s, we had to stretch the chassis in the middle by 300mm to get the Romahome demountable body to fit

Peter

f3dcfca8bf803b3f1eb7e0512fe79652.jpg

jiffy.jpg

I love that!!

Well, well, well. I thought I had seen most vehicles in my life time, but this is the first time I've seen or heard of a Reliant Ant. What a quirky looking thing!

We used to know an English couple that spent most of the year living on their elderly yacht in Spain. They used to drive a Robin back and forth from England and back. The hours we used to spend with them,  watching various bemused foreigners checking out their 3 wheeled car 🤣

37 minutes ago, mickeyw said:

Well, well, well. I thought I had seen most vehicles in my life time, but this is the first time I've seen or heard of a Reliant Ant. What a quirky looking thing!

We used to know an English couple that spent most of the year living on their elderly yacht in Spain. They used to drive a Robin back and forth from England and back. The hours we used to spend with them,  watching various bemused foreigners checking out their 3 wheeled car 🤣

The crazy English! 

• Haha 1

On 2/20/2021 at 7:47 AM, Romahomepete said:

Peter

@miketomcat hey I found a more practical camper idea for you :D

• Haha 2