What are your Land Rover projects for 2022?

monkie

Anyone else using this weird in between Christmas and New year period to draw up a list of things to do on your Land Rover? I'll go first

No big projects for me this year but sorting out a number of small niggly problems are my jobs for 2022.

Now it's winter the heater blower motor has packed up so that is at the top of my list followed by adjusting the control cables. 

I need to sort out the interior to make it more comfortable with some new carpet and sort out a few leaks in the bulkhead round the throttle cable and bonnet release. 

Get well and get my mog axles under the lightweight

Also going to pick up gear to learn myself metal shaping ie: shrinker stretcher, bead roller and probably build an English wheel the idea being to make my own panels for my future double cab project regards Stephen

• Like 1

I just spent 15 minutes earlier today rubbing down the back of the rear cross member and painting it black. Just this little job has visually made a big impact on the overall appearance of my 110. 

• Like 1

Find a competent and reliable electrician to do the wiring in my workshed so I can power up my bog TIG (needs a 62 amp single phase supply, bit less if I power it on 415v luckily). Need someone who turns up and doesnt run a mile because you ask them for a rough cost in advance....

January: MOT and get Classic status for the 109. Tidy workshop.

February: obtain and use media blasting kit. Weld up fuel tanks for lightweight.

March: do (rust protect, new spring bushes, stop leaks on axle) front of chassis on 109.

110: Complete the new rear floor and a bit of a repair to the rear o/s corner (been doing it for about 6 years now). Repair doors while there is still something to repair. Oh and new gearbox. I hope the engine will start, if so timing belt change.

90: New timing belt, make the inside light work, make the rear wiper work.

1 hour ago, Ed Poore said:

Um I think they're the same as 2021...

• Finish 6x6 engine transplant (plenty more to follow on after that)
  • Get 110 MOTd because that lapsed without me realising :blush:

Yes, a large number of my 2022 jobs are rolled over from this year!! 

36 minutes ago, cackshifter said:

110: Complete the new rear floor and a bit of a repair to the rear o/s corner (been doing it for about 6 years now). Repair doors while there is still something to repair. Oh and new gearbox. I hope the engine will start, if so timing belt change.

90: New timing belt, make the inside light work, make the rear wiper work.

Last year I was so consumed by my 200tdi/stumpy project (plus the frustration I had with the bigend bearing) that all the little niggly jobs that contribute to a more comfortable experience like inside lights and rear wiper working got pushed to one side. I think its important to not forget all those little jobs that older Land Rovers need. 

15 hours ago, reb78 said:

Need someone who turns up and doesnt run a mile because you ask them for a rough cost in advance....

Why am I not surprised ? I assume you have three phase on the premises somewhere, or thats going to need a mighty big incomer.

109: Finish a ton of little jobs and hopefully get out and actually use it a bit

127: Give it some TLC and maybe get away somewhere in it - tickets booked for LeMans and fingers crossed!

RR: Languish in the shed for another year waiting for the lottery win

Mini: Keep it on the road

1 hour ago, smallfry said:

Why am I not surprised ? I assume you have three phase on the premises somewhere, or thats going to need a mighty big incomer.

Yep. Luckily have 3 phase coming in at the house and goes off to the worksheds from there.

2 hours ago, smallfry said:

Excellent. In that case, I can't see what their problem is.

Well, its since come to light that that particular one was too busy being a 'Jack the Lad' and more interested in doing work for women he could get other benefits from then whining his missus made him sleep on the sofa... shame as I thought I'd give a young chap a chance. :) 

ETA - All I need is the right size circuits and breakers adding for the bits I want to run from the 3-phase distribution board in the shed. The conduit etc is all there. I think I may just do it myself TBH.

Edited by reb78

3 minutes ago, reb78 said:

Well, its since come to light that that particular one was too busy being a 'Jack the Lad' and more interested in doing work for women he could get other benefits from then whining his missus made him sleep on the sofa... shame as I thought I'd give a young chap a chance. :) 

Can't you just scrub up and borrow a dress off the Mrs until the job is complete? :lol:

• Haha 4

57 minutes ago, reb78 said:

ETA - All I need is the right size circuits and breakers adding for the bits I want to run from the 3-phase distribution board in the shed. The conduit etc is all there. I think I may just do it myself TBH.

It isn't rocket science, just turn off the main breaker before fiddling around in there and connect the right colour to the right colour and you'll be fine :)