Off topic - Minis

When the new one first came out my Missus went to have a look at the dealer and went dangerously gooey eyed. Fortunately I managed to persuade her to get something far more practical space wise and it stayed that way through various new cars

...that is until last year....

IMG_20210908_180611_455.jpg.3a3d8a5d96f293b359d0c5f8b80abcfe.jpg

Afb025.thumb.jpg.48eb5e022e9d784be0dd14e53d904942.jpg

This one was my pocket rocket Evo1. Made a subframe to mount a Suzuki Swift 1.3 gti with 5 speed, was very quick and looked stock.  When i went overboard, to make it really light weight and 150 hp, i sold it off in parts.  And bought the 109

13 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

This may get me excommunicated from the thread but...

2021-04-24_12-48-06.jpg

I still want a classic Mini one day, but this one is about the same power as the 109 and frickin' hilarious.

Get Thee Behind Me........

I learnt to drive and passed my test in my mother’s 850 in 1976. It seemed a long way from 2nd to 3rd and during that gear change, driving with one hand on the wheel for a second or two was difficult in my first drives.

Later that year we realised that the tax had run out months earlier. 🤷🏻‍♂️

5 hours ago, western said:

Looks like they were keeping the shed roof up to. 

In top right of photo under the shrubbery there was a Armstrong bicycle 1950's, my neighbour remembers riding it when he was 15/16, he's 74 now, got a photo and still got the bike, dd

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

You seemed to enjoy driving mine at least :SVAgoaway:

I did, and I recommend having one. They are nearly as much fun to drive as a real one. But they will never be a mini when they're the same size as a 90 and weigh the same. They're just to fat.

Mike

12 hours ago, miketomcat said:

But they will never be a mini when they're the same size as a 90 and weigh the same. They're just to fat.

Wheelbase is 97" but weight is only 1100kg, puts it about the 200hp/ton mark with the JCW mods. I'll take it over a 200TDi any day :P

Mk 1 with that grille ?

I had three in the late Seventies, including a 1071S pickup, with 12 inch Dunlop alloys and Austin 1100 front brakes, which couldnt be done apparently !

Happy days, great memories. Got paid and straight to the Motor Accessory shop, to see what "improvements" could be done next ! But boy, did they rust ! Pop rivets, glass fibre, filler and loads of underseal !

10 hours ago, smallfry said:

Mk 1 with that grille ?

I had three in the late Seventies, including a 1071S pickup, with 12 inch Dunlop alloys and Austin 1100 front brakes, which couldnt be done apparently !

Happy days, great memories. Got paid and straight to the Motor Accessory shop, to see what "improvements" could be done next ! But boy, did they rust ! Pop rivets, glass fibre, filler and loads of underseal !

Haha, I recall adverts in Exchange and Mart for "over-sills" that you could fit over existing panels to cover up inconvenient patches of corrosion and any unsightly holes. Welding not required 🤣