Scary / hilarious Amazon recovery gear

11 minutes ago, FridgeFreezer said:

I'm still amazed that with all the knowledge on this forum no-one's ever pointed out that Defender steering bars double as recovery points :lol:

I was wondering if that was the anchor point, but it's too big. I think its around the bash plate

Come on then, enlighten me. For someone who has never seen any recovery, other than with an old fashioned tow-rope in the olden days, what is the doughnut thing supposed to be used for?

13 minutes ago, Peaklander said:

Come on then, enlighten me. For someone who has never seen any recovery, other than with an old fashioned tow-rope in the olden days, what is the doughnut thing supposed to be used for?

They can be used like a snatch block, so attachment point through the middle and then winch rope round the outside and then back to the winch vehicle or other anchor point.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

I'm still amazed that with all the knowledge on this forum no-one's ever pointed out that Defender steering bars double as recovery points :lol:

I've got Gwyn Lewis Sumo Bars, a friend wants to know if they would be ok?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, vulcan bomber said:

I've got Gwyn Lewis Sumo Bars, a friend wants to know if they would be ok?

I suspect they'd be a lot better but there's got to be a limit to the side-load on a long thin thing before it bends...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pat_pending said:

I think the scariest thing is that they can machine it from a billet of 7075*  and sell it for £11 and make a profit.

*Allegedly.

Part of me is tempted to get one and get the inspection guys at work to point the PMI gun at it and work out what it actually is. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, landroversforever said:

Part of me is tempted to get one and get the inspection guys at work to point the PMI gun at it and work out what it actually is. 

I was very tempted to do the same, given the minimal cost.

7 hours ago, landroversforever said:

Does the gun know about different types of cheese?

On 1/31/2024 at 1:59 PM, landroversforever said:

They can be used like a snatch block, so attachment point through the middle and then winch rope round the outside and then back to the winch vehicle or other anchor point.

They can also be doubled up so that the winch line runs through the central hole as well.

• Like 2