Welcome

geoffbeaumont

Welcome to our new home - the rules here are pretty much the same as they were on the LRE Forum. Keep it clean and family friendly and the mods won't be (especially) cruel... :D

This is a temporary home for the forum - it'll be moving just as soon as everything is properly set up. It'll probably get a new look 'n' feel as well when I (or someone else - any volunteers?) get the time.

If you've any suggestions or comments, post them on this thread.

hey ho, never mind. I can understand there being both tech and political reasons making trasfer difficult.

Are you able to tell us how the new forum is funded? Are we beholden to any master or will we be self supporting (perhaps paying subs to upload images or something)?

Anyway congrats on sorting a new venue.

Eeeh, it's all light and airy in here.

OK we can't directly transfer the posts (think of all that accumulated knowledge lost!) but if anyone feels like having a go at downloading and acrhiving the old site, I can recommend Teleport Pro. Of course I'm unable to recommend downloading a copy and then googling for the serial number ;)

You'd need a broadband connection and a lot of HD space though!

Why - does Chrissboy have one? :huh:

Just to give it a challenge - I've set my copy of Teleport Pro running on the old forum. It seems to be working, quite how long it'll take to "snapshot" the forum is anyone's guess, but hopefully it'll mean we have an archive of some of the classic threads & tech.

Talking of look and feel

why don't we have new colour scheme

"GREEN" :D:D :D :D

Erm no then again perhaps something else, I've gone right off green lately. In fact I'm going to follow OrbitalPear's lead and go and spray my Discovery pink....

I'm here now too. In fact there will probably be quite a few arivees shortly as some one posted a non-clickable link to here on one of the "Worl Forum" posts back where I came from.

Nice to have somewhere to go before they pull the plug on the other one.

Adam

ooooh.... hello! :) I've just seen the E-Mail and thought I'd pop in.... I agree with one of the previous comments about keeping it plain and simple due to open plan offices :o

'scuse me, I'm off for a look about!!

Damn fine effort gents, and thank you for the E-Mail.

Donald

I like this scheme.

I also like clean and family friendly, some of the more common people on other forums give us a bad image and provide ammunition for the anti 4x4 lobby

PS I crashed the forum when trying to add an emoticon - is this a first?

:unsure: