Wild Welsh Weekend? Forum get together.

GBMUD

I have been thinking about arranging something for months but some housing turmoil has put me off doing anything... until now. I still have no idea where I will be living by then but if I don't do something now it might never happen!

Those who have been away with me before will know what to expect, for those who have not, drinking, arguing with Turbocharger, sleeping, eating and driving on byways (and RUPPs if we are still allowed), helping mend broken Landrovers, arguing with shotgun weilding farmers are all on the agenda - not all are compulsary! I have emailed Llanerchindda Farm, now under new management, and they are happy to have us there.

Leave your comments here, especially on dates, it will be in February. I have one date in mind which might or might not suit people but, if I choose then, tough.

Cheers

Chris

Chris,

I would definatly be interested. Also gives me a target to get the disco sorted!

Dates - I have nothing fixed for feb, but the sooner we can fix it the better!

Cheers

Mark

Edited by Mark

I'm game for a giggle!! It'll also give us a target to get the RR sorted and good to go!!

Nothing booked in Feb yet - except my birthday, but this will be my present to myself!!

I'll ask Santa for some velcro gloves and some new wellies!!! :lol:

Yep, unless any catastrophe takes hold I should be free to at last come on a Wales trip.

Chris: Hope the move goes well, we are viewing in earnest at the moment (not sure if its a nice place but.... :P ) and are having many conversations containing 'no but, yeah but, no but, yeah but' :blink:

Thanks Mark, if we can just get on and buy it I am sure the move will be fine.

I know that house-hunting feeling, just keep looking until you find the one you really like, don't loose focus and choose one just to get it over with. Not a good time for house-hunting just before Christmas though, if you wait until spring there will be lots available. Are you staying in Devizes? I found Phillip O'Shea to be very friendly and helpful if rather casually dressed. :)

All the best.

Chris

Count me in too. Going by last few it should be fun. :)

Anyone who hasn't been before should add this to the diary as it's an exceelnt weekend and there is always plenty of new people along so it's not clique, well apart from Fi and her crew! ;);)

Cheers

Steve

Edited by SteveG

The dates available are those weekends of the 4th and 5th of February and the 18th and 19th of February. The 4th and 5th is the weekend of the Mike Woolfe trophy so I guess that is out for lots of people (including me I suspect) so the 18th and 19th it is. I have booked a room for the evenings of Friday 17th and Saturday 18th so I would propose:

Arrive Friday 17th

'Laneing Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th

Return home the afternoon of Sunday 19th

Beer and sleeping in-between.

Dinner is available at £14/night, it used to be 3 courses set menu for that price, I presume it still is.

Rooms are £31/night and include full breakfast. Not the cheapest rooms in Wales but there are reasonable facilities, muddy boots and Landrovers catered for.

I did rather suggest a "sell-out" booking so I hope for a good turnout - some people had to stay in alternative digs last time. Book now and we will have the whole place to ourselves. I have been dealing with Lynn, please mention my name, Chris Watts, GBmud when you book and she will know we are all together. I am hoping to plan other trips under the name GBmud in the future and I would like the name to become known. Don't worry, you will be the first to know when anything happens. ;)

Contact details are:

Lynn and Martin Hadley with Sons Mark and Andrew

Llanerchindda Farm

Cynghordy

Llandovery

Carmarthenshire

SA20 0NB

Tel: 01550 750274

Fax: 01550 750300

Email: llanerchindda@cambrianway.com

I wish to add some disclaimer here... I am only telling you guys that I have booked a short break. I am not planning or organising any group trip away nor am I offering to provide any route or navigation. In short, the buck does not even slow down here, understand? I am not responsible if you get bitten by a sheep, dog or farmer! ;)

I found the pressure of trying to plan everyone elses weekend quite stressful last time, please, if you can, bring your own maps and have some idea of the route you might like to drive in advance - I will be happy to give any information I have about any lane you are not sure of and the farm has proper maps marked up for the purpose of copying, bring a highlighter pen. There needs to be at least one person willing and able to navigate for every 4-6 cars MAX. If you can/will, please say so. Better yet if you have your own maps.

Thanks

Chris

Chris,

I am allowed out in Feb as it is my 40th on the 21st. I will suggest to SWMBOWOFOETSHTF that I might like to go 'laning in Wales. I am happy to navigate, hell I happy to sit in someone elses passenger seat and navigate all weekend (as long as it isn't Turbochargers).

Pencil me in and I will apply for leave

Are you staying in Devizes? I found Phillip O'Shea to be very friendly and helpful if rather casually dressed. :)

All the best.

Chris

We are hoping too, but also casting the net wider to Calne (saw a very nice one there last night) and Chippenham.

Know Phil quite well, he tried his hand at rugby but couldn't really hack it with the big boys, so now just floats around & drinks a lot. Surprised you found him in the office, since building the business up he spends most days on an exclusive local golf course trying to get his handicap down :blink:

Count me in! Come hell or high water.....err....V8-scrub the high water:)....I'll be there!

The previous forum trips have been the most fun of any of my trips away. I thought that in the 'old place', it was the first real forum trip (to Llanerchindda) that helped it change from a forum to a group of friends.

Wouldn't miss it for anything!

Si

Count me in! Come hell or high water.....err....V8-scrub the high water:)....I'll be there!

Hmmmmmmmmmm high water

wouldn't be thinking of

Pa100089.jpg

would you Si? :lol::ph34r:

Sadly I won't be able to make this one :( ... but to anybody who hasn't been on one I recommend it as a brilliant weekend :)