B@@@@y Scrapiron

simonr

I do like the boycotting idea.I hate PARASITES like scrapIron,they just feed off other peoples ideas and so blaitant too! I'll be buying X eng for my 100" Keep up the good work and boycoot the losers.

Michele

Please can you adopt the large size sticker above and adapt to artwork please? CMYK as they'll be 4 colour process

i'll order some stickers tomorrow

and post how you can all get one ASAP provided everyones in agreement

Won't be going to slab but will be doing 6 out of the 8 starting at round 2. (Should have my genuine x-eng brake fitted by then)

Simon - send me some x-eng stickers and I will ensure that they are attached to prominent places on my truck prior to competing. (Don't normally put stickers on to my truck, so your's will be the only ones on there (except for the number boards))

Dave

Im Up for a couple of stickers to.

Ive watched simons products with interest with the plan to add the handbrake to the 110. (something ill definatly do now).

As has been said before although scrapiron are within the law it dosent make it right to rip off other companies. I have noticed time and time again good ideas from other companies appering from the Sc camp. Im glad that finally they may have a voice of opposition large enough to cause them concern.

Edd

sorry to hear it si, nice to know that everyone supports you and i will be purchasing my disc brake from you. i am sad to say i have brought from scorpion before but never again they were very poor, bring on the stickers :angry:

used em once service was sh*t product didnt arrive refund was demanded didnt happen week passed refund redemanded week laterr the fu**in product arrived 10 days after the event i wanted it for. Never i repeat never will i do any trade with them again and i tell everyone who asks but wiithout the stars!!!!! Good luck Simon. Where do i go for some stickers please,

Dw

If it helps out Simon and snubbs Scorpion, anyone can do anything they want with the logo :D

Me - I want a A4 sheet with about 50-100 penny sized stickers.

Why - I'll wander round their stand at the shows and stick 'em on everything :D:D:D

They'll be finding them for months !!!!

funnily enough I had a thought like that as well :lol:

TC, SR make their bussiness by doing this: Start with a quality product that they distribute, make a poor copy of it and then shove 2 fingers up at the guys who did all the hard work. I hate to say it but quality doesn't enter into it; how many people over here use Equipe in place of Scrapion Racing stuff??? Very few. Its all down to SR's agressive marketing and the fact they keep the magazine's in their pockets.

Sadly this is hardly an unusual approach to business - ask anyone who supplies the major retail chains. :(

Just to add my support to Simon and stick a couple of fingers up at Scrapiron!

Simon may be a bit tall and have an unhealthy interest in all things 'cheesy' but his products are spot on

and everyones support will not do Scrapiron any good at all.

scorpion.jpg

Hi back again on this sticker thing, how about one of its claws rotated throug 180 and raised a bit, you know, sticking two fingers up, otherwise its puurfect. "wear your lobby with pride."

Ok, I don't know if I can get T-shirts done for this weekend but I'll try. If I get 5 minutes tomorrow I'll see if I can sort something. If I do I'll have to post them as I won't be at Slab... Anyone who wants one I'll be doing them at cost price; anything I can do toi spread the word I wil do.....

Andy and Rob, that's a superb idea with the stickers. I will certainly be doing that. However, Scrap Iron REALLY don't like me and I may well find myself being asked to leave before I get to use the stickers :(

jed, the CVs thing is totoally unbelieveable. I think they should be reported to trading standards for that one as I know for a fact that no one had Ashcrofts CVs fitted for any of the rounds of the AWDC series yet they claim a 100% sucess rate. They've also claimed Ashcroft's drive flanges as their own along with the Underdrive. I also assume the shafts are the same new shafts that Ashcroft now sell.

I wanted to register my support !

I am new to this forum although some of you may know me from others.

I am starting out so am folowing this story with great interest !

I would not buy from them before and definately wont now !

Best of luck mate . Nice product and when I need one I will buy from you !

You can hold me to that ! :D

I know for a fact that no one had Ashcrofts CVs fitted for any of the rounds of the AWDC series yet they claim a 100% sucess rate.

There you go then - none fitted - no failures - 100% success <_<

Bloody marketing speak we know but it sounds good to the unwary! :unsure:

Will,

Mark me down for T shirts or sweat shirts.....then I'll wear them whatever the weather !

Got me thinking this thread.

What a difference between say Scrapiron Racing,

and say Devon 4x4 or dave and Ian at Ashcrofts, Phil at PG Winches etc etc etc makes you think doesn't it. ????????????? :blink:

We are all quick to kick and point at someone when not happy, .............

have you EVER heard bad comments re D4x4 or Ashcroft, PG Winches exmoor trim etc etc etc ?

No, and you won't their reputaion is deserves, just as scrpa irons is, its just a million miles apart

WE SHOULD spend our money with those that are decent, it is our choice, and when we do get GOOD servive we should equally shout from the roofs, shame is its not often !

Nige

Really is bad craick that mate, but as mentioned above several times, the bad press for them can only be good for those that actually care about the product/customer.

Good luck!

Ross

:blink: i think this is utterly discusting behavour but from what i read and hear nothing unusual

for this person i simpathise with you simon and i know who i'll be calling on when i upgrade my

handbreak later this year ;)

posts made and circulated to other forums sigs amended

Well Mud-club have pulled the thread, I wonder why. I've also put it on LROi and plan to start a book on how long it stays there.

Les. :)

dident see it les sorry i duplucated a link back to here and admin at mud club pulled that too

i shall be posting a rant to admin shortly :angry:

Been diverted from Devon,

Really sorry to hear this mate. You are certainly getting some support.

What magazine was going to cover the story??

And have they done it already or is it even out on the shelves.

We have one of your handbrakes, excellent stuff. Think I even tried to help you push it on outerlimits??

JF