Wheel mounted snow ploughs?

Night Train

I'm intrigued as to what the hell someone has come up with... I will have to have a look when I get home as ebay is blocked at work!

It is a little pair of snow ploughs that bolt, on an axle, to the wheel nuts of the car wheel. It is supposed to clear a little track of snow from just ahead of the wheels.

Maybe work with very light snow on a very smooth road... oh and will wear away in no time.... and at that price why not buy chains? They would last longer..... and actually work!

With the amount of leverage it has it will just rip the pin out that mounts it to the wheel..... but he has cleverly used that as a marketing point so people can't complain to get their money back

'Design includes special quick release system and overload prevention features to prevent damage from ploughing immovable objects (like kerbs and large pot holes!).'

and at that price why not buy chains?

especially when a pair of good quality chains is only about £40 or so - snow socks are only around the £50 a pair mark......best of luck to him though, lots of inventions started out small and became huge hits remember..............

he might want to change his ebay name though, badboy_borris does give a bit of a bad image (let alone his real name of Torquil???)

I too would love to see it in action. The chap has clearly put some effort in to the concept - and it may be just that the bits of engineering that look suspect are necessary in some respect to make it work?

On the other hand, I can see it chewing the wheel arch and corner of the car after you steer sharply and it can't slide sideways so ends up rolling under the wheel instead. Also, it looks like it would be painful if it came through my windscreen while following someone with one fitted.

I think I reserve judgement on it - it could just work in the right circumstances - but I doubt it!

Si

Just asked him to post a video.

Can't wait to see it in action.

So when his product pops your tyre, mangles your bumper, bends your front wing, scratches your wheel and rips out your brake pipes and probably cuts through the odd wiring loom, do you reckon badboy will recompense for the damage?

3 videos taken in the dark so you cant really see whats happening, and one of them is just following another car. One video in daylight which doesn't really show anything. Snow that looks like a sensible bit of driving would have no issues with anyway...

I'll have three sets please!

roflmao!