Mike Gemini

Ladies and Gentlemen

Just to let you all know, the reason Mike hasn't been around for a while is that a week or so back, he broke his hip.

I believe he was showing off to the ladies showing them parachute rolls but I can't confirm this

He was released form hospital today, so will be on later - with pictures

We have started the ball rolling to get him a clutch servo, which should be on its way to him within a week or so....

Thanks everybody. Well I managed to fall in Stockton High Street last week. Now I have a fractured hip. They screwed a piece of metal into my hip, then used self tappers to hold the other end onto the bone. I'm very stiff. Little things make for difficulty not easy using the stairs. I have a Zimmer frame and two sticks.

Have a look here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_hip_screw That's what I have

Who mentioned screws , i think my surgeon had shares in a hardware chain.

This is my ankle after smashing the end of my tibia into 5 pieces, hard to see but there are 14 screws there plus the titanium plate.

Rest well Mike, i know what its like to be off your feet for a while and not be able to drive.

20150507_132818.jpg

Hey Mike, welcome to the club :blush: - not exactly the club you want to join! - but there is light at the end of the tunnel, I'm 18 months post break now and there's not a lot I can't do that I didn't do before!

I was back under my truck probably within 5 months... and with one crutch! - although I spent a rather lot of cash on bits before I managed to get to there.... be warned... hide the credit cards.... ^_^