The Queen Elizabeth is leaking...

ThreeSheds

5 minutes ago, dailysleaze said:

I hate this **** put out by the media

Yeah this kinda of media fluff really grinds my gears, to be honest most "news" these days does my head in to the point where I quite happily live in ignorance and read up on the news and topics I want to when I want to. grrrr

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Maverik said:

Yeah this kinda of media fluff really grinds my gears, to be honest most "news" these days does my head in to the point where I quite happily live in ignorance and read up on the news and topics I want to when I want to. grrrr

To summarise the articles:

"Brand new, complex machine has slight teething problem"

41 minutes ago, dailysleaze said:

To summarise the articles:

"Brand new, complex machine has slight teething problem"

To be honest I don't think there is a problem at all - teething or otherwise... The thing displaces upwards of 70,000 tonnes and leaks 200 litres per hour? I can pee faster than that! 

In fact  its  the ridiculousness of the story that first attracted my attention - that  and the chance of some cheap toilet humour :D  

26 minutes ago, ThreeSheds said:

To be honest I don't think there is a problem at all - teething or otherwise... The thing displaces upwards of 70,000 tonnes and leaks 200 litres per hour? I can pee faster than that! 

In fact  its  the ridiculousness of the story that first attracted my attention - that  and the chance of some cheap toilet humour :D  

I saw this 10 mins after I saw the article, so I was in rage mode ;)

I always loved that each Defender leaving the factory had a leak test...

...just to make sure they leaked (joke from the factory tour) :lol:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dailysleaze said:

I saw this 10 mins after I saw the article, so I was in rage mode ;)

I always loved that each Defender leaving the factory had a leak test...

...just to make sure they leaked (joke from the factory tour) :lol:

The other irony I noticed when on the tour was that the leak test 'booth' leaked like a sieve too! :lol::rofl:

All ship propeller shafts weep a bit at the gland seal, granted 200L an hour is quite a big weep. For those of us who remember when HMS Invincible first entered service and for years afterwards, there was vibration issues on one of the propshafts. Years later it was fixed - probably with a new shaft and at massive cost.

1 hour ago, Giles said:

I thought the only problem with this exorbitant piece of floating (so far) willy-waving junk was that there are no fixed wing aircraft for it... good to know it leaks too :)

F-35's are on their way... ;) 

https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/the-equipment/aircraft/future-aircraft/f35-joint-strike-fighter

That was because we didn't want to spend a few quid on an upgrade, unlike the Americans, so we decided to scrap it and invest in the F35... and from what I've herd is the showroom price, the cost of a couple would have refitted all the Harriers.... Going fast isn't all it's cracked up to be.. the Harrier defeated the supersonic jets in the Falklands by going slow, so slow that the other planes were stalling and dropping like stones. It's a shame cos we could have saved a truly British plane, I think it was the last we built on our own, saved loads of jobs and a lot of dosh.

Can someone tell me how you save money by putting people out of work, loosing tax revenue, and then give 2 or 3 times as much to another country? It really doesn't make any sense :wacko:

Edited by miggit
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, miggit said:

Can someone tell me how you save money by putting people out of work, loosing tax revenue, and then give 2 or 3 times as much to another country? It really doesn't make any sense :wacko:

I've been saying similar for decades - You need to ask an accountant :)