Major Forum Software upgrade

2 hours ago, elbekko said:

Yeah. I had a look with the dev tools and couldn't get rid of it, very strange.

Just tried again, and looks like I can get it gone with the following:

#ipsLayout_mainArea {
    display: block;
}

#ipsLayout_sidebar {
    display: none;
}

Much better now.

Interpreter! Interpreter! Is there an interpreter in the house than can translate please? ;)

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Looks very smart but can we have a dark theme/night-mode option to save our retinas?

Quite, it does stick out like a sore thumb on my Mac, where everything else is dark, but it is likely a lot more work.

• Like 1

I don't understand why software upgrades change stuff like background colour/ headers/ layouts all of which were fine and all are used to ...clearly security etc. needs to be current but this basic stuff shouldn't be affected surely ? 

In my clueless (software and coding) end user mind upgrades should be hassle free and go virtually ( pun intended) un-noticed .

This is not aimed at A&M at all,  more a moan about the faceless upgrade source that seems to insist on being noticed ? 

I've internal error 500 a few times tonight , the retry button takes me to the destination ok though

Keep up the efforts behind the scenes , it's appreciated 

cheers

Steve b

Yes.... I get changes, changes and improvements are good, (the forum has waaaaay more function that say 5years ago), but it feels like Invision think they need to wash out every colour by 10% at each point upgrade.

In reality, for accessibility, this site would fail on just about point where text size and colour contrast comes into play, even with my tweaks.

1 hour ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Looks very smart but can we have a dark theme/night-mode option to save our retinas?

Best of both:

https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/9539-dark-light-fluent-design-theme-edition/

No idea if it is up to date with most recent version of the forum -and there in lies the problem with these things, you always have to update the theme after an upgrade, because things *will* break ....

Am I the only one here who hasn’t got a clue what you IT geeks are talking about? 🤣🤣

I’m a man of simple needs, just want to be able to type my words and post my photos 😉

Can we swear now?

Seriously, it does look ‘fresher’ now so good work 👍

15 hours ago, Bowie69 said:

Quite, it does stick out like a sore thumb on my Mac, where everything else is dark, but it is likely a lot more work.

I dunno, it's only a few colour changes in the CSS, doesn't need any changes to actual layout - a lot of websites/forums these days have a day/night switch as it's so much easier on the eyes, I'm actually surprised that the update hasn't got one as default TBH.

Of course if the mods were being truly classy we'd have the option to select from various factory colour schemes with the correct RAL codes :P

20 hours ago, landroversforever said:

Must admit I've always thought that Ben (Elbekko) would make a good admin as he's got a lot of experience in that sort of thing.

Thanks for the endorsement, but I have barely enough motivation to do my day job, let alone mess with forums in the evening...

• Like 2