Stellaghost

Happy new year all....so what are we hoping to start/finish for the new year? I am going to take a break from Land Rover rebuilds having finished the 110 Hi Cap just before Xmas (must write up the build thread.......).

My planned order of attack for the year:

- Tidy up and sort out the workshop to make my working environment better/more enjoyable

- Pre MOT jobs on the TDV8 L322

- Steering box on the 200tdi 90

- New sills/arches on the transit tipper and then sell it on (someone keeps trying to sell me a Unimog and for that to be considered this needs to be gone first 😁)

- Recommence work on my 1972 Bedford TK tipper which is having a ground up rebuild. I am not sure if there would be interest for this on the forum?

- Recommission the challenge truck and then decide what to do with it

- Buy a house. We have been looking for 2 years now and have lost out on 5. This also needs to happen before I am allowed to buy new toys

The above might be a little optimistic but it is nice to dream !

25 minutes ago, L19MUD said:

Happy new year all....so what are we hoping to start/finish for the new year? I am going to take a break from Land Rover rebuilds having finished the 110 Hi Cap just before Xmas (must write up the build thread.......).

My planned order of attack for the year:

- Tidy up and sort out the workshop to make my working environment better/more enjoyable

- Pre MOT jobs on the TDV8 L322

- Steering box on the 200tdi 90

- New sills/arches on the transit tipper and then sell it on (someone keeps trying to sell me a Unimog and for that to be considered this needs to be gone first 😁)

- Recommence work on my 1972 Bedford TK tipper which is having a ground up rebuild. I am not sure if there would be interest for this on the forum?

- Recommission the challenge truck and then decide what to do with it

- Buy a house. We have been looking for 2 years now and have lost out on 5. This also needs to happen before I am allowed to buy new toys

The above might be a little optimistic but it is nice to dream !

Nothing wrong with dreaming

I wish you success

I for one would be interested in the Bedford tipper restoration

Regards Stephen

• Thanks 1

+1 4 Bedford writeup.

My plan for January, get the back off the 101, and sort the chassis.

February, continue the workshop organisation. And put the back of the 101 back on, having treated the rust, and applied an underbody protection of some sort.

March, ideally, do a heavy full service on the back axle and  fit a truetrac to it.

Work will dominate march.