WHATS YOUR'S.

Hillbilly Raider

It is the name of my Land Rover because all good trucks, and definately anything that gets sworn at needs a name. Mehetabel [Hebrew so any of the first three vowels can be a, e or i, imagine learning to spell that in school :o:D ] was a Babylonian Queen in the book of Genisis. There are 5 or 6 women in my genealogy [in the US since 1620] who bore the name. The registration starts with an M [MMO 379L]. Will not be confused with anyone else on the forum

:lol::D , loads of class and mystery [like a good Landie]

cheers

John

Acttually had a Landrover nut (Supposed) ask me once why i had a 'D' plate reg on the SV, Errrrrr?

After i had had stopped pissing me self.....

I gave him a quick friendly slap and went about me business.....

Some people....

This plate has saved me money in the past though :D

Traffic warden thought it read D90 SV

But of course it is really D9 OSV

Saved me me skin whilist he was trying to work this out.....

I got the hell out-a-there :ph34r:

And the rest is history :rolleyes:

Jim :)

• 8 years later...

Thought I would resurrect this thread :)

I used to be and still am dieseldog on Landy forums, had nothing to do with cars or trucks but a name given to me by a girl I used to know, I worked in heavy plant and we used to hook up when I was working in her area, somehow I always smelled of diesel and that's how it came to be.

so what about some of the other newbies out there?

Holy thread revival! - I've never seen this before, interesting to see some of the old boys when they where young posting up... ;):P

What can I say, I always wanted to be a fighter pilot...

Maverick - anyone ever tried getting this as a username etc... Impossible, but there are considerably fewer Maverik's around...

I did find this rather nice analogy from the Urban dictionary I happen to agree with!

1. maverik

Created from the man himself, someone who has been through so much and come out on top by using rebellious and unusual techniques, someone who breaks the rules, that he himself makes, and doesn't care about what others see in him.
Very Strong willed and never wrong.
Mother: you watch out for that boy he's a maverik!
Daughter: What's a maverik mum?
Mother: Someone who doesn't follow the rules, you don't want to get tangled up in that.
Daughter: Ooooooooh*jumps on his motorbike*
:D

I was miserable but as many people made not very original snarky remarks that one glorious day I suddenly saw the light and became ecstatic.

Amen.

I remember that day! much less dismal! you certainly didn't come across as miserable...!

Interesting thread!

Back in 1999 I was a 19 y.o. teenager with my first landy (a Santana made SIII88"). I read as much as I could about LRs and mechanics. If a glue´s label said "wait for 5 minutes" I would took my watch and wait exactly for 5 minutes... :o ...so friends started calling me "the technician" (in galician: o téCnico). One day, a friend took a DYMO label maker and sticked a label to a switch panel on the 88. By a mistake he wrote "teUnico" instead of the correct "teCnico". Then, after a bet, I made a "O TEUNICO" decall (out of red insulating tape) for the back of the landy, becaming officially since then the "Téunico".

The switch panel, wich I still have...

8na5.jpg

5rz2.jpg

Good story, I just use my name, I don't have anything to hide, no Iranian nuclear secrets, missile codes, how to make cold fusion or anything interesting at all really. A computer trawl isn't getting my bank details or address out of my name and even if it did it could just look me up on my profile or Face book and get in touch with me there. I've helped loads of people out over the years because they could get a hold of me fairly easily and kinda know who I was. I use radio call signs at work but they're just alpha numeric mostly and not cool enough for an illustrious forum such as this!! I'm maybe just not 'cool' enough for a nick name, I can't really think of one that suits. Another advantage of using ones name or at least being consistent is it was great to 'meet' Bill and a few others on here from other places.