slow LR4x4.com again

SteveG

It ran slow from 11:28 till 11:36 GMT today. Don't know before 11:28.

The ping went normal and constant all this time and the same as usual (170-180 ms at my location).

Just took 30-40 seconds to log in and get to the index. It's taking 10-20 seconds for each "click"

Edit: just took over a minute to post a reply in the hand torches thread.

go the same IPS driver issue here first thing, and now it's just slowwwwwwwww

for the amount of money you guys are paying for the hosting you really should be getting a much better level of service - but then you probably know that allready

Its not often a post like this will net a positive response.

I'm a sysadmin among other things and I can tell you that you will NEVER get praise when things are working, cos thats the software doing it.....

But when it goes wrong THEN someone is at fault.....

SO,

Thanks very much cos it has been speeded up a lot here, running on mobile broadband compared to yesterday.

:)

Sean you are the first to note slow running

it is fine here.

We are getting very good service with addressing the issue

something that dedicated support buys us.

Since last night I've encountered no issues

maybe an issue your end?

i fail to see why or how an issue at my end would be generating the driver issue mentioned - having said that since i posted my orginal msg it does appear to be back to it's normal speed - fingers crossed all is now well again

I have had no problem with slowness since the Invision did their thing at 2100 the other night. Seems to be fixed? :)

Chris

Faster than ever here, but then I wasn't getting the issues that some were...

Greased whippet up a drainpipe? Definitely.

The problem with software is that it all works fine when testing. It's only when you let the users get hold of it that you have problems. They all expect it to be lightning fast with 100 users even though you only tested it with 3 users.

Except that we're using bog standard Invision Powerboard software, which is proven with busy forums like this.

Sean you are the first to note slow running

it is fine here.

We are getting very good service with addressing the issue

something that dedicated support buys us.

Since last night I've encountered no issues

maybe an issue your end?

i fail to see why or how an issue at my end would be generating the driver issue mentioned - having said that since i posted my orginal msg it does appear to be back to it's normal speed - fingers crossed all is now well again

Tony - as Sean says, the ipb driver error can't ever be a problem at the user's end. It means that the forum software didn't get a response from the database (that's subject to a timeout, so in our case normally means it was too slow rather than not there at all).