Got snow yet?

T1G UP

I drove in my old Camal Freelander from Sothampton leaving at 5am up to south end on sea only to slide into the back of one of the company vans

"Genuine Camel event damage"

After the second day of snow, an L-reg Defender ambulance arrived at work for me to use. A bit miffed because it looked like a bit of a shed, and I vehicles with a decent stereo and heater, I cheered up when I saw it was .. a V8!

I've never driven a V8 before and now I know why people rave about them.

Cheers

Blippie

well the bonnet is up-so presumably it started small and in the engine bay-proof that everyone should keep a fire exstinguisher in there vehicle

The fire brigade always open the bonnet to disconect the remains of the battery and make sure the fire is out.

After chasing round like a mad man I got the 90 mot'd and taxed on Monday for the snow....The weather can't make up it's mind...One minute we are going to have blizzards then it's going to be a bit or rain......Fingers crossed for the blizzards..... :lol:

School run this morning revealed, 5 miles south of Cambridge a few mm of snow last night, however 2 miles east of Cambridge there is traffic chaos where the A428 (A45) crosses the M11.

Very little evidence of gritting, except perhaps major roads, in town all side roads very slippery.

It appears Cambridge is on the southern limit of last nights snow in the East.

John

Very little evidence of gritting, except perhaps major roads, in town all side roads very slippery.

Melton Mowbray has had about 4" of snow and the schools are shut - son is delighted! The main roads have been salted but the snow has just gone to thick slush over ice, so the surface is horrible. Driving in a rear drive sports car is perhaps a little too exciting!

Snowy%20Morgan2.jpg

I WISH my Land Rover was finished!

most of the snow was gone by 10am yesterday it had all melted in Portsmouth and by the thismorning most of it in Southampton was also gone. :mellow:

I work in York, where the snow had pretty much all gone by Tuesday afternoon. A very light covering yesterday morning was gone by lunchtime.

Went home yesterday evening expecting the thaw to have set it in Knaresborough but no, pretty much still got the 4-5 inches we got on Monday (although now crunchy ice rather than the powder it came down as).

Now at work in York, snowing light to moderate, but fairly wet. Settling in places.

More forecast for the weekend, and we are running the annual Yorkshire Off-Road Club Navigational Scatter (on-road stuff). Everyone has to drive an off-road 4x4 vehicle anyway, but some of the members will be wondering which of their 4x4 fleet to use - the shiny one or the toy!! :rolleyes:;)

3-4 inches here finally! we have a 30 degree hill out of our road. Everyone else sliding about and giving up with plumes of snow everywhere. Low range 2nd just rolled up the hill, didn't even need lockers...

Polite two fingers to all those who give me dirty looks as I went up to the corner shop to get breakfast, didn't even need to go anywhere, so took an old surfboard and went snurfing. Amazing.....

Did my good deed for today.

Went to Merlin motorsport today. went uo through Bath on to the A420. There had been an acident at Ford so they weren't letting anyone through. The highway agencies man was helpful as ever saying "you'll have to go through the lanes mate"

No probnlems there so off i went and popped out right in Ford itself. The accident was a people carrier had tried to mount the bridge!. so i went up the hill to find a home base artic and a durbin steel lorry slithering about. They'd both been there since 7 am!

The look on the mans face when i got the out the tow rope!

low range, diff lock, and off we went! i couldn't believe myself really but 40 tonnes on the back of lil old 90. There was some people taking pics and vids. Driver was made up and i was feelin rather smug :P

That allowed the gritted through and the road was re opened. I like my 90.

No probnlems there so off i went and popped out right in Ford itself. The accident was a people carrier had tried to mount the bridge!. so i went up the hill to find a home base artic and a durbin steel lorry slithering about. They'd both been there since 7 am!

There's a nice lile byway that runs parrallel just to the north of the A420 at Ford - Old Coach Road. A nice little detour with unsuspecting passengers.

The snow was much better last night, another 3" in Bristol and more in the hills. At all started around 2 in the morning and we didn't see a snowplough or gritter until gone 0400. Best bit was taking the V8 up a pristine M32 motorway, not a tyre mark on it, through 3" of snow at 50mph. The line between fun and recklessness has been totally extinguished!

Wierdest thing was at about four o'clock in the deserted streets of Clifton in Bristol, we rounded a corner anly to be confronted by a 5 foot snow penis, complete with two veg. It was clearly constructed with care, and was anatomically correct, with glans and frenulum. Quite possibly the freakiest thing I have every seen.

Cheers

Blippie

Wierdest thing was at about four o'clock in the deserted streets of Clifton in Bristol, we rounded a corner anly to be confronted by a 5 foot snow penis, complete with two veg. It was clearly constructed with care, and was anatomically correct, with glans and frenulum.

I guess your spell checker missed the extra 'a' and 'l' needed in that word? :P

Chris

around 6". and thats where i flattened it in the yard at 2 o clock this afternoon

im gettng good at 360 spins on the quad whilst moving along :ph34r:

up to a foot in some places in derbyshire :P:P

mikey

deeper now.

first time ive ever been stuck in a flat field :ph34r:

oopsy daisy comes into mind

post-13725-1233871248_thumb.jpg

post-13725-1233871262_thumb.jpg

post-13725-1233871272_thumb.jpg

We run a WISP here in Co Carlow, Ireland and one of our main feeds went down and I had to get the lads to go up the Mountain.

There is no snow in the towns but 10 mins away its not the same story.......

This is where they could go no further..

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv289/r...01/DSC00094.jpg

This is what was just ahead..

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv289/r...01/DSC00088.jpg

Blippie -- Wierdest thing was at about four o'clock in the deserted streets of Clifton in Bristol, we rounded a corner anly to be confronted by a 5 foot snow penis, complete with two veg. It was clearly constructed with care, and was anatomically correct, with glans and frenulum. Quite possibly the freakiest thing I have every seen.

:rofl: what did Les say about willys in this thread :rolleyes:

shame you didn't take a photo of it.

Well the Mendips have a great covering today, I managed to get access to the Bath and West site today but as it's a little lower lying not as much snow :( went for a bimble round anyway

post-4857-1233930464_thumb.jpg

Had fun on the back roads around Shepton on the way home, Winch bumpers were made for snow drift thumping :P

Brookers

Fair bit here last night

Went to Minehead and found some blokes stuck at the entrance to a old green lane

in the ditch seemingly stuck

I stopped to ask if help was required, to find they had snapped the drag link and got the discovery on road tyres well and

truly stuck in a ditch running alongside the entrance to the lane.

they had enlisted a local farmer

so I left them to themselves.