Got snow yet?

T1G UP

when i go out ill let you know what the main roads are like. you can bring some fire wood over here if youve got some to get shut of! lol.

LOL!

I'll be grateful for the road report but I've not cut any logs yet, too cold and can't see it under the snow. It may just be the trimmings from my workshop I'm delivering in exchange for dinner and a snog under the mistletoe! ;)

Well - We drove from here to Kingussie via Tomintoul today. Sat at the closed snow gates at the Lecht for a while but got let though - Drove 100+ miles on white roads today, Kingussie has over a foot of snow and it was still falling when we left. Have to say, the P38 was superb and MTR's were excellent, maybe even more sure footed than the All Terrains I'd usually have chosen - Great fun :D

Well - We drove from here to Kingussie via Tomintoul today. Sat at the closed snow gates at the Lecht for a while but got let though - Drove 100+ miles on white roads today, Kingussie has over a foot of snow and it was still falling when we left. Have to say, the P38 was superb and MTR's were excellent, maybe even more sure footed than the All Terrains I'd usually have chosen - Great fun biggrin.gif

Insa turbo specal tracks are even better in the deep stuff!

Snowing well in West Berkshire as we speak - about 2 inches I would estimate.

Temperature has now risen, melting enough water to freeze beautifully on the roads tonight, while keeping the snow.

I'm going to have SUCH fun at work in the morning!

Hell its cold, -2 at the last look,we've had about 8 inches of snow.Been out this afternoon with my lad, playing on some of the backroads round here. Great fun. The tapping sound from the gearbox is getting worse, can't get under it to see what it is yet.

A picture from my front door

post-7726-126141833362_thumb.jpg

Walking dog

post-7726-126141843926_thumb.jpg

Merry Xmas

Max

Well we've had snow in Buckinghamshire for a few days now and having not taking the 90 out on any heavier than a bit of rain before was a bit unsure but we had to bite the bullit tonight as our renault scenic just would not be able to handle the inches of snow we've had. The temp was about -7 when we took our Son to nursery this morning and it began to really come down heavy so I warmed the 90 up and off we trotted.

Getting there was ok, had to overtake several small fiestas on a hill on the way to get our son and then sat in some traffic on teh way back. Some enterprising fella in a nissan was towing people up the hill for a fiver a go! we then managed to turn off and had to go down the hill we had previously gone past the fiestas. Slightly worried is an understatement but had the truck in low range and easy on the brake but never slipped once and felt in absolute control all the way.

I don't think our renault will be going anywhere for a while as I have new found confidence in my 90' ability and my control of it.

Apparently we have freezing fog fopr tomorrow's enjoyment.

Yesterday in Berkshire - nice and crispy

post-7113-126142814475_thumb.jpg

Earlier this evening - been snowing since mid afternoon but most of its dripping off - temperature has increased in the last couple of hours - NOT GOOD as this is a recipe for skating session tomorrow morning if the skies clearup overnite!

post-7113-126142823303_thumb.jpg

We've just had another three inches or so on top of the ice near Maidenhead, i'm starting to worry, i may have to go out and panic buy some bread and water! :lol:

is it just me or is the reaction (especially media) to this bit of snow really out of proportion?!

i've been taking it steady and have gotten around everywhere no problems, apart from the traffic! a friend took 2 hours to travel about 5 miles earlier...

Here in South East Sweden we've gotten over 30cm last week. The forecast is another 10cm tomorrow and a further 10+ cm by Friday. Absolutely great weather and cold as the dickens. :ph34r: Just left work and she's a minus 20 C. The landy didn't start the first try, nor the second or the third.....she took a bit of encouragement to get started. :D

Those Defender heated seats that I installed earlier this year are proving their worth 10 folds over! :P

Todd.

Well, I did not get home last night and here I am back at work!

Left work at 17.00, went to pick the kids up from my parents.

At 18.10 I left there and took 40mins to do 2 miles (of 40) to the M3, which was solid. So turned around to take my alternate route but could not get to the back roads as the arterial routes were blocked. So back to parents.

I had another try at 20.30, and could get to the M3, but that was still solid!

Had a good think about the alternate, but that takes me just South of Basingstoke (Cliddesden) and the Police shut that in the Feb snow and I would have been seriously b^gg£$%^ if it was shut.

So spent the night at my parents (deep joy) sharing a bed with my 18 month old son.

Apparently Basingtoke was "mostly" clear of traffic by 02.30!

Just said on the news 2000 people had to sleep in there cars at Basingstoke

2000 cars abandoned on the Basingstoke ringroad last night, 78 people delivered by police to emergency shelters. Police advises to avoid Basingstoke.

People left work at 13.00, 7 miles down the road, got home at 19.00. That was on main roads. Bit easier on the small country lanes - driving on the fresh snow was great :D

Now its getting colder and freezing - and the disco wont start - damm :angry:

2000 cars abandoned on the Basingstoke ringroad last night, 78 people delivered by police to emergency shelters. Police advises to avoid Basingstoke.

People left work at 13.00, 7 miles down the road, got home at 19.00. That was on main roads. Bit easier on the small country lanes - driving on the fresh snow was great :D

Now its getting colder and freezing - and the disco wont start - damm :angry:

A couple of reported journeys (at work) yesterday

Basingsoke to Aldershot (20 miles) 14.30 to 23.30

Bristol to Wokingham 7hours

then Wokingham to Hindhead 3 hours

I had no problem getting around, just could not get to a road that would take me in the direction of home!

About 6-8 inches here in Pendle and still coming down on and off. You'd think it was 6 to 8 feet the way some people react to it.

Not a problem with the wright vehicle (90) and decent tyres (BFG MT's) and not driving to fast (19j TD).

Not had a problem so far.