Got snow yet?

T1G UP

We had about an inch of snow in Hook Hampshire, thought I would let the wife take my Disco 2 to work being a bit more advanced than her 1994 Vitara, whilst I slept in for night shift.Five minutes later I have the wife at the front door looking a bit pale in the face, she manage to do a 180 degree skid at the end off the road, really icy this side, so now I am the taxi driver.

2 maybe 3 inches here in Rutland and still snowing heavily. Off work sick... damn. Good job i have my 'Flying Spanners' hoody to keep me toasty. The only toy i have at the moment is a [spit] 02' Shogun [/spit] (company van). The big save for another 110 goes on...

The snow keeps coming here in Denmark, we haven't had this much snow for the last three years! Anyways me mom and dad called this morning said they where stuck in the Disco.

So I went out to my 110" and needles to say it had seen better parking spots :) But, being a landie, it started right up and drove outta there with a minimum of hassle.

But when I got back from the rescue mission I thought to myself, "it must be time to bring out the heavy equipment" So that's what I did :)

post-9137-12611462116_thumb.jpg

post-9137-126114630939_thumb.jpg

post-9137-126114637218_thumb.jpg

post-9137-126114766272_thumb.jpg

post-9137-126114770401_thumb.jpg

i hate it when it snows - cos all i get from everyone at work is "bet you;ll get in to work fine in that thing, wontchya!"

NO!

I get stuck in the same queues as everyone else does, due to plankers driving like they`re carrying a nuke in the back seat on a mercury switch! The temptation to give everyone 'driving' (and i use the term VERY loosely) in front of me like a spanner a quick nudge to make them get out of the way is almost overwhelming.

:ph34r:

I get stuck in the same queues as everyone else does, due to plankers driving like they`re carrying a nuke in the back seat on a mercury switch! The temptation to give everyone 'driving' (and i use the term VERY loosely) in front of me like a spanner a quick nudge to make them get out of the way is almost overwhelming.

:ph34r:

And your 2+ tonne 4x4 has magic brakes and steering does it? :angry:

And your 2+ tonne 4x4 has magic brakes and steering does it? :angry:

With you on that one.

Too many school drivers and RR Sport drivers using the extra grip to go too fast.

Up until now I thought that an auto was good for snow until I saw a Merc in the school car park coming straight at me, front wheels on full lock and locked up with back wheels driving it forward. Woman had no control at all!

All this snow is no good for me as I need to fix the brakes on the Series 1 today :o

Marc.

With you on that one.

Too many school drivers and RR Sport drivers using the extra grip to go too fast.

It is equally true that some people take the P a bit by driving as if an egg were balanced in their dash, sensible driving goes both ways.

I had one yesterday; we have no snow here and the roads are dry. I was following an old boy in a poverty spec D3 doing 35mph on a busy A-road (with double whites all the way) and slowing down for all the bends with a long tailback of frustrated drivers behind him.

Chris

Up here near Manchester I have about 2-3 inches of snow and it is coming down quite heavily at the moment.

I was going to drive down to the Midlands to collect a Land Rover axle for my project but I might leave it for a clearer day unless someone wants to do a forum relay.

got about three inch here in West Yorkshire, just waiting for dark and then ill ring some troops for the usual assault on the local lanes!

i love snow!

I've got to head over that way tomorrow to deliver some fire wood and electrical accessories tomorrow. I only have a front wheel drive car to do it with. Guess the trailer will stay at home for this trip.