Change of moderator/admin.

Les Henson

Well I've decide to 'retire' become 'normal'

Being Founding member, Administrator, and moderator of you sad lot has finally taken it;s toll on my otherwise youthful face.

Some of you guys I have known for a few years, and are most certainly my friends (you've looked at, and been very jealous of Catflap, who will live forever). SimonR, with his awful hairy legs, White90, who's gin habit is costing the forum a fortune, Nige, who I personally hope becomes a moderator of the ba****withahammer forum. Exmoor beast, who's vain attempts at straightening nhis 110 are wasted on those of us who know him better - I could go on for ages. Most recently - at the wales meet, Even standing looking at the magazine rack at a motorway services was no escape from certain persons winding me up. "you look a right idiot talking to yourself" If I've missed anyones name, it's not through disresepect, just ignorance.

The catflap thread is gone, it(he) is most definitely my property. I'll still contribute to this forum as much as I can.

Les.

Well I've decide to 'retire' become 'normal'

Les,

sad on both counts :(

I for one will be sorry if this happens, whilst someone may step into yer "Virtual Web Shoes", they will take some filling, and many I hope won't forget that this forum is here today in the form it is due heavily (and I know you'll say partly) to you.

Without your drive and enthusiam for us the members many in this community who post now wouldn't be togther, split around the others forums (inferior in often many ways IMHO to this one), and for that many of us will always remember you fondly.

However, on a personal note, when you have yer powers removed, and are normal 'mortal' like the rest of it, it means we will be free to Take the P***, rib, insult and generally take liberties that we wouldn't have dared to do with you as Admin :P

Shame, is it final, or is it fixable. ?

If its fixable then fix it, the place won't be quite the same without you,

if its final then may I be the fisrt to say "Tart", and get that piggin catflap sorted Henson :lol:

Nige :ph34r:

The sane one

Sorry to hear this news Les never met you or many others for that matter but it will be a loss to this forum not having your watchful and thoughtful eye over us all

As they say don't let the buggers get to you

Cheers

Steve

Well I'm saddened/shocked to read the above from Les

Without idea/suggestions/money and input this place would never have been Born.

I for one think a position suited to those facts is in order.

So if Les is in aggreement I think a Chairmanship is required.

I know some of you know what goes on behind the scenes believe me there ia hell of a lot of it, more than you can imagine to start this sort of site and to help it grow.

Les has gone way beyond what any other single person has done.

Lss when you read this have a serious think about not turning it in as the site will be a lesser place if you do.

Like Will I'll echo Tony's view. Few know the effort Les has put into making this place what it is and his view that all should be treated equally and respectfully has helped shape the character of this place. I think having Les as Chairman sounds like a very fitting description of his role and I certainly hope he continues to provide his leadership.

I wish you would reconsider Les - I will be sorry to see you go. At least accept this chairmanship thing.

I don't quite understand pulling the catflap thread though? OK, the IPR belongs to you but it contains stuff which is likely to be of use to a lot of people in the future. Pulling it seems a strange thing to do?

I'd like to publicly thank you for you support of late with one thing or another - it meant a lot to me.

Si

:( Bugger, now the rest of us are going to have to start pulling our weight :(

Les has done far more than any other single person for this forum, right from day one. He's given far more of his personal time than anyone else, stood up as front man and taken the flack when people didn't like decisions by the mod team and generally been the guiding hand that has got us where we are now.

Given the vast amount of time he spends doing it, and the fact that it's usually Les that grasps the nettle when there's a tricky issue to deal with, he's managed to upset remarkably few people too, which says a lot for him as a moderator.

Thanks Les. Hope you'll change your mind.

Most recently - at the wales meet, Even standing looking at the magazine rack at a motorway services was no escape from certain persons winding me up. "you look a right idiot talking to yourself" If I've missed anyones name, it's not through disresepect, just ignorance.

Now i wonder who that was,, :ph34r::rolleyes:

Well, the same as all above,, shocked, !! I won't try and changed your mind, you will have your reasons for the temp step down,BUT please stick around and just see it as a break for duties for a few months, have a recharge of batteries etc, and rejoin the fray !!

Thanks for the endless hours you have put in, to make this the best 4x4 forum !!

We will keep your seat warm Les !! :)

Les,

sad to see you step down and I hope you mean that you will stay around. This place has been a much better place for your input, and without it i wonder how succesful lr4x4 would have been! Suffice to say that you have made this place far far far better than the "old" place.

Thanks Les

James

Les, I'm very sorry to hear this! I don't think that there's anything ele I can add that hasn't already been said. I know a lot of the time it may feel like your work isn't appreciated but I can assure you there are a lot of us who'll be very sad that this has happened. I hnoestly don't think this place will be the same without you! I just hope that if you won't reconsider you still play an active roll in the forum.

Thanks again for all you've done,

les,

sorry to hear that you have stepped down, but I hope that you stay with us as you will be sorely missed, and hope that you take up the position if chairman, I would like to say thanks for you leader ship and you interesting threads and replies cant forget the shenanigans :ph34r: hope there are many more to come,

Three chears for les

Hip-Hip :)

Tom

Les,

Sorry to hear your decision, and thanks for your hours of evening work (and time on the telephone, doing paperwork and badgering other people) - you've made a significant contribution to bring us to where we are. Chairmanship sounds like a fitting tribute to say thanks, unless you'd reconsider?

John