whats the coolest thing your land rover has done??

discomikey

Towed a Thornycroft Antar ballasted to 36 tons.

Drove from the end of the M11 to Norwich in deep fresh virgin snow at midnight after an evening of towing drivers stuck on ice on the M11.

Pulled two 8' long, 12" square stone gateposts out the ground from a neighbouring house when the builders said I could 'have them if they're gone by Monday and the owner doesn't find out'. :ph34r:

I did something similar with my old 90 last year when the M8 was shut just outside Livingston. A Tesco artic truck got stuck half way up the slip road and my little 90 with rediculously wide BF Goodrich ATs on it dragged up right up the hill and onto the roundabout!

For anyone that knows the Deerpark junction it's alot steeper than it looks :lol:

Towed the rocket HEAT-1X 2x30 km with a car ferry trip in the middle of the trip.

Used a tirfor style handwinch to stack the same rocket in the upright position onto its launch tower one segment at a time. The Land Rover acting as an anchor point for the handwinch.

Towed the steel hulls for a catamarane style ship, each hull being 1x1x14 meters. Towed from inside the building in which they were made and onto the assembly area for the catamarane.

Winched a 16 metric tons ex-shipyard lathe into a building, using a tirfor style handwinch and the Land Rover as anchor point.

post-3816-0-49066700-1314870659_thumb.jpg

Used a tirfor style handwinch to stack the same rocket in the upright position onto its launch tower one segment at a time. The Land Rover acting as an anchor point for the handwinch.

Winched a 16 metric tons ex-shipyard lathe into a building, using a tirfor style handwinch and the Land Rover as anchor point.

Seems like you need a winch on the front ;)

Yep hitched up an articualated fuel tanker this winter in the snow, so what is that about 38tons?? Lots of wheel spin in the snow but was enough to get it going up the hill, that got a lot of funny looks from people but the truck driver was very happy as he could get home for christmas! No pictures though as I was busy driving!

Jon