new defender

boaterboy

The concept also incorporates driver-deployable spikes, by way of an electro-mechanical system mounted within the tyre on the inside of the wheel. Activation causes air to inflate a secondary air chamber, filling pods moulded into the tread of the tyre that contain the spikes.

Dammit, for a moment there I had a glorious vision of a chariot from hell with flashing sabres protruding from its wheels, carving a glorious path through dull society, then I realised they were talking about something else entirely :ph34r:

thats it... the world as we know it is finished. there will be riots in sollihull and the earth will explode.

im not impressed with LR at the moment, they have their ;uxury markets, and the defender shouldnt be there. it should be on a farm, like the rest of the 11 plate defenders with the back window already replaced with a plywood sheet, and the front wings already caved in.

Is someone would remove those 21inch low profiles (or could they actully be bigger!) on the images we might see what it really looks like....Can you actully get off road AT tyres in 20 or 21...??? Maybe some BFG G-Force or something? They are certainly low profile........

Can you actully get off road AT tyres in 20 or 21...??? Maybe some BFG G-Force or something? They are certainly low profile........

Sure you can, the Mickey Thompson Baja Claw TTC, in 19.5/54-20LT. :i-m_so_happy:

Now, who will do the photoshop? Might have to stretch the wheelbase a bit I think... :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

That DC100 would guarantee the death of Defender as we know it. Somehow I can't see it with an Ifor Williams trailer. I have a sneaky feeling that we may see something very like a current Defender, made in India with a Tata badge on it after 2015... I mean, they'd be daft not to!

That DC100 would guarantee the death of Defender as we know it. Somehow I can't see it with an Ifor Williams trailer. I have a sneaky feeling that we may see something very like a current Defender, made in India with a Tata badge on it after 2015... I mean, they'd be daft not to!

that may not be a bad thing :unsure:

or made in Spain by Santana ? That badge we somehow are familiar with already.

But in either case the "real" Defender will have trouble with and be subject to that regulations that led to the development of the "'New Defender".

IMHO there´s already a Freelander which doesn´t need a rival within the family. Further upmarket there´s the Discovery. I, for myself, don´t need a "light" version of a Discovery. Following the mainstream, which is an inenvitable thing to do for Rover, the Defender looses in my eyes what make it unique and desirable. Not much other than the name which put´s it far enough away from the Freelander, IMHO-again. (But I´m not representative, of course).

Slightly annoying is that Rover´s homepage still lists the 2.4TD engine. As I understand all orders were transformed into 2.2l units for some months time, and time must be close when the 2.2´s are rolling out.

2.2 is coming in the 2012 models not 2011

I know, but isn´t now the time coming that vehicles delivered are of MY2012 ?

Anyway - were I going to the dealer last week I would be advertised a 2.4 but at an order would get the 2.2 (that will not put me off from an order next year).

• 2 weeks later...

Gerry McGovern needs publicly castrating with a pair of bolt croppers! :blink:

Probably just as well you don't rule the world then eh?

Landrover sales seem to be very bouyant so I guess they are doing something right. If you do not like Landrover's product then you might look at something from Iveco, Mahindra, Tata etc.

Chris

You know how people have been hoarding 100watt lightbulbs and the like after they where banned. i think I'm going to start hoarding land rover 90's 110's and Defenders. Rent an old barn and fill it to the top, then in 5-10 years I'll make a cool million selling them on as collectors items... :ph34r: