The "Pass the Bucket" 4x4 For Sale on Ebay Thread

Hybrid_From_Hell

I wouldn't be too surprised if there was something else wrong with the engine as he doesn't seem impressed with it's towing ability either which I'd have thought wouldn't be the case with a TD5.

Maybe it's a clever ploy, everyone bidding on it thinks they are going to get a bargain and might get carried away with the bidding?

Will be interesting and amusing if the new owner turns up on this forum for help :)

Think you may well be onto something there!!!

I had a TD5 auto 5 seater for about a month when the D3 was being repaired(long story :unsure: )and was nothing less than impressed by it's ability to tow a 2000ltr diesel bowser!!

Like the way your mind works CW ;)

I think my Td5 is the best tow vehicle I've ever driven! It can hold 50mph with a trailer going up Bury Hill in Sussex and Birdlip Hill in the West Country. With my 200Tdi, I was down to 10mph in first gear on both (and boiling over on Birdlip).

Si

I did think it a strange comment, I think someone will buy the Disco assuming it just needs a glow plug sorting and then discover they have a whole heap of other engine issues. The seller of course will be well within his rights to say I did say so in the advert..... Very much a buyer beware auction.

I am not so sure about the cage but all in all it really could have done with a spruce up and a few quid spent on it to make it worth anything!!!

I see one of the 'few quid' have been included on sprucing it up, that, or they've carelessly left there change on the front tyre.

Steve

Total ringer and no way on earth it is road legal for paper work in it current state.

Take that on the road and you would be done for no MOT, Tax, Insurance etc unless it was on trade plates.

Having said all that it looks like a good build and the parts look quite good, with no reason to question there origin bejond that they definately didn't start life on a 1972 series 3!.

No way I would touch it though unless very cheap as you would be buying a pile of bit with no valid paperwork.

That really does not belong in here as it is an exceptionally nice truck and worth almost every penny of the bids so far(£13,700) save for the fact it is a blatant lie as to it's identity!!!

Quick question, are there any laws in which the seller could be held accountable under for advertising this vehicle which is pretty much anything other than what it says so on paper!!!????

way to much.money,

the colour doesn't match either & it's taxed

DVLA Vehicle enquiry comes up with

The vehicle details for GDD 65K are:

Date of Liability 01 05 2014

Date of First Registration 08 02 2010

Year of Manufacture 1972

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 2993cc

CO2 Emissions 0g/Km

Fuel Type HEAVY OIL

Export Marker N

Vehicle Status Licence Not Due

Vehicle Colour GREEN

Vehicle Type Approval Not Available

I did wonder why you would risk so much money by building it on that ID and possibly lose it on a roadside check ..... they mention that they have taken it around Africa which got me thinking, would the 1972 age plate mean they were able to get a much cheaper Carnet?

If you had all the receipts it would be a good idea to Q-Plate it surely?

I did wonder why you would risk so much money by building it on that ID and possibly lose it on a roadside check ..... they mention that they have taken it around Africa which got me thinking, would the 1972 age plate mean they were able to get a much cheaper Carnet?

If you had all the receipts it would be a good idea to Q-Plate it surely?

Q plating would be the best solution as it would be a real shame to see such a nice build be destroyed, and yes they still crush cars without valid insurance and this one has not got any regardless of what the certificate says!!!

I can only imagine it started life as a series three and when tax exemption came it got a coiler chassis and axles and as it went unnoticed for so long it just progressed into something very wonderful but with a secret that only a VOSA roadside check would reveal.

I doubt the new owner is wise to the facts that we all know and they probably will never know untill.........

.....I can only imagine it started life as a series three and when tax exemption came it got a coiler chassis and axles and as it went unnoticed for so long it just progressed into something very wonderful but with a secret that only a VOSA roadside check would reveal.

I doubt the new owner is wise to the facts that we all know and they probably will never know untill.........

It was built up only a few years ago on the ID of an ex military land rover they bought in 2010 so it really was a consious decision rather than a development over time.