The "Pass the Bucket" 4x4 For Sale on Ebay Thread

Hybrid_From_Hell

Would actually say £500 was a good bid for the wheels and tyres, break the rest, engine is worth something if not destroyed, gearboxes too, leather interior might fetch a few pennies, all in all it is worth about a grand if broken nicely, just depends on if you have the time?

Bit of hassle doing it but you could walk away having doubled your money.

Would actually say £500 was a good bid for the wheels and tyres, break the rest, engine is worth something if not destroyed, gearboxes too, leather interior might fetch a few pennies, all in all it is worth about a grand if broken nicely, just depends on if you have the time?

Bit of hassle doing it but you could walk away having doubled your money.

Or get £250 scrap value if the axles, wheels or engine are knackered... £500 is a high start price.

I just think £500 is too high as a starter, it's a scrap car and to any layman it's just worth scrap. I can see the money that it can make if it's broken properly, but in all seriousness, who would honestly pay £500 for a Discovery with those miles and that damage? People probably wouldn't pay that for an MOT failure, and that is a little beyond MOT failure status.

I can't believe 33 people have bid on that .... I think this is a sign humanity has gone too far and a cull is required to cleanse the gene pool :(

Oooh-oooh please sir can I do it ? :ph34r: Seriously though, Life is bonkers enough without clowns people bidding on stuff like that

John

That person appears to be dreaming, you know that the comment "start niet" means don't you? It means "does not start".

I know exactly what it means, scrap money only ;)

Yet there are some desirable parts like the leather seats etc but only worth a couple hundred topline for them and I got full leather for my Discovery for €75 the rest is not worth more than €500, if it was an easy fix then they would have fixed it and made a bit more, this is a garage seller by the way :wacko:

Yeah, "Prater customs" is doing a few of these...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/rya2209/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Nasty, just nasty.

That looks like laminate flooring in the back, which can't be good.