The "Pass the Bucket" 4x4 For Sale on Ebay Thread

Hybrid_From_Hell

I like how they have included 'simex arb' in the title as well. I'm sure people on the look out for a locker will probably just abandon their search for diffs and buy the rocker cover instead!

Do you think you have to have it wrapped to match the seasons as well? An autumnal rocker cover would look downright ridiculous in the spring :hysterical:

With such good camo, hows the AA man gonna find the engine when it breaks down?

Can't be the only one wondering about how the series 3 has a v registration

easy answer

it says it's Ex Military 109, so DVLA used to issue reg numbers relevant to the year of Release from service, but ithat system has changed to being registerd to the year of build if it can be proved with relevant papers.

I am thinking he took his inspiration from a Bull Nose Scannia after seeing the picture they added with it's trailer in the fifth wheel ;)

In all honesty, if you just truck cabbed the Disco and got shot of the extra compartment it is actually very close to what I was going to build out of a RRC along with a custom built horse trailer for 3 horses.

Dammit, now that reminds me of how screwed over I was paying £8,000 for the electric braked axles and 5th wheel coupling that dissappeared during the divorce :(

Now going to go and assume featal position and cry.

• 3 weeks later...

Can't believe it got that high!

IIRC one of the mech there has a series2 V8 with badly added RRC axles and had it on the forcourt for £6,000!

Its still there but no price.

I wonder how the US scrapping incorrect age LRs at the docks has affected them as they rebody and rechassis in UK and export to US.

Can't believe it got that high!

IIRC one of the mech there has a series2 V8 with badly added RRC axles and had it on the forcourt for £6,000!
Its still there but no price.
I wonder how the US scrapping incorrect age LRs at the docks has affected them as they rebody and rechassis in UK and export to US.

I think that technically they assisted the new owner with importing the Land Rovers into the US ..... so all losses were the customers if it got crushed.

EDIT: Well now we know how they are getting around the new strict import rules.

From the website

Land Rover, the 4x4 of choice for the British Army, intrepid explorers on every continent and drivers looking for rugged reliability, is naturally the vehicle of choice for serious off-road enthusiasts. Owning one is what many motorists simply dream of - Land Rover; exclusive, collectible (a serious investment opportunity), rugged and practical, with more than just a hint of luxury!
For the last five years, Berkshire Land Rover based in the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead in rural Berkshire, England have been making many North American enthusiasts dreams come true, building a growing reputation on both sides of the Atlantic for our full CBR (Custom Build & Restoration) programme.
However, due to growing demand for more modern accessories and more powerful gas engines, Berkshire Land Rover have been working on a new "kit car" called the BLR. It has the same classical look of the Defender and the same rugged durability, but that is where the similarity stops.
The BLR "kit cars" are fully assembled in our Florida facility starting with a galvanized and coated chassis, ABS, Alarm/Immobiliser, Central Locking, Climate Control, Seating for 5 or 7 in X/S Half Leather Black Rack (and Heated Front Seats), Boost Alloy Wheels, Heated Front Window, NAS(*) Rear Step, Performance Brakes & Suspension, NAS (*) Roll Cage, Fukll Leather Interior (dash, door cards, window surrounds and Alcantara headliner), Xenon front lights with day time running operation, LED NAS rear lights, double-DIN dash, cruise control, and a host of other features.
There are three standard models in the range, but if you want something particular or additional options such as full leather seats, we will be happy to discuss your requirements.

The engine solution we recommend is the Ford 5.0 V8 Coyote, which our dealers can fit with either manual or automatic transmission.