The EBay Christ I fancy that 4x4 + its cheap thread

Not on eBay, not even for sale to the likes of you, but I wasn't aware of this offering and it wasn't worth its own topic.

image.jpeg.26555315055967fd6da7910c6702c513.jpeg

https://www.britishbuiltcars.co.uk/Cars/cardetail/381/Supacat/LRV 400/600

Based on a Discovery chassis (which one?) but struggling to see what hole this fills that the WMIK doesn't. I note it's fitted with a TDS winch, so it does win good-taste points in that regard at least.

Maybe of interest to more than just me.

• Like 1

Datasheet says double wishbone suspension. On the website is a front aspect photo showing what look suspiciously like D3/RRS lower wishbones.

(The side on photo of the green one appears to have a D3 air tank as well.)

I can't find the link but they also built a 6 wheel D4  with a fifth (seventh?) wheel to tow an exhibition trailer, that could possibly have been a mule for this development. It's been mentioned on this forum before

• Like 2

If that's the one I saw an article about many moons ago I'm sure it's based on the D3 as it had many of the same specs as TSD says. Would be interesting to know all the bits and bobs they've done to strip down a D3 and make it behave itself while being operated by squaddies!

11 minutes ago, elbekko said:

That's... suspiciously cheap.

I suspect that unless you know about the axles it's "just" a crusty old military truck, although from the looks of it a pretty good project.

If I had the time & space I'd consider it, too nice to break for the axles - looks like it has a winch setup fitted too, possibly PTO, could be a real serious toy!

1 hour ago, Happyoldgit said:

Shame about the colour….

One of my schoolmates parents was a sprayer, he told a story of a group of travelling folks knocking on his door out of hours offering cash in hand to urgently respray a digger that they'd just acquired to bright pink... don't remember if he took it or told them to jog on :ph34r:

• Haha 3