Late 200tdi farmerized 90

oneandtwo

I haven't had a 200tdi for years, but picked this up today, it's the third 90 I've bought this year. Must be one of the very last 200,s as its on an L late, has disc back axle and a vin tag behind the screen.

As purchased straight off the farm, no idea where the door went!

image_zpsay565wpi.jpeg

What was the rear cross member

image_zpsywo1kyf8.jpeg

Drop arm ball joint!

image_zps5nzpkj3g.jpeg

My favourite- beneath the mud it has had new calipers fitted to the wafer thin discs, but never plumbed in!

image_zpshiwh7pvk.jpeg

Lots of the defenders I buy were run into the ground like this however they are getting rarer and harder to find.

Still lots of useful bits on it, galvanised cappings, the unused calipers (!) recon steering box, engine and box are very good, amazingly under all the mud the truck cab window trims are much better than my hicap ones.

With the way defender prices are going if might be worth saving to be fair.

If you were to buy a galv chassis and put that under it. How many original parts are needed to keep the ID?

Say that most of it is knackered engine axles etc. Could you swap these out for good replacements from a rotten disco?? Where does the points system draw the line? Say a 300tdi and axles??

Jon