Identifying Wheels

Diesel_90

Fugly ;) ;) ;) ;)

Or maybe 5 spokes ;)

If that's a part number by the valve, a google of that may give you suppliers, if that's what you are after. Another route is to email craddocks. They will know if they are still available.

cheers, Steve

Thanks chaps for you're input.

After googling "discovery castor wheels" it seems to bring up good results. Duncmc you were spot on.

I wanted a set of these a while ago to put on a discovery but couldn't find any.

I've recently seen people struggling to sell freestyle alloys but the boost ones still fetch good money.

I much prefer them to the Freestyle or the turbine looking type. I was never a fan of the Deep Dish, either. Boost are fine as they look chunky and strong, and they hold their value because they are rated for 110s.

Boosts are the wheels of the poor, after all who runs 16" wheels any more - or tyres less than 265 wide!?

We socially better folk have to distinguish ourselves from all the dirty farmers, estate workers, utility companies, foresters, police, fire brigade, search and rescue, coastguard, armed forces, scout troops, councils, conservationists, explorers, charities and the like who dare to use this prestigious vehicles for 'off road' or 'heavy' work - perish the thought.

• Like 1

My favourite Defender wheel is the Wolf steel rim.

I do quite like the Castors too though. I thought they looked Ok on the Disco. They were quite easy to clean too, not like other wheels I have hadon Land Rovers.

Oh no darlings Mondials are the must have on Discos! I was tempted but then the photo below made me want a set of Triple Sports. Decided they wouldn't look as good without the steep angle... and mountain :D and stuck with my Polars (16") for the comfort and because my car sees more than just tarmac.

Bet the Triples would be tricky to get though, I doubt they were too popular. Attached also the original wheel range for the D2. I'd only change if I found a set of the gunmetal Adventurer 16's [photo attached]. They're very like the Castors so might be an alternative for you O/P

- as it turns out there's a set of Triple Sports on ebay with a buy it now of £140 and the option to make an offer. Not perfect but at that money I'd be all over them were I in the UK.

EDIT... aaand I just realised you're all Defender people :)

post-1811-0-80501400-1460471993_thumb.jpg

post-1811-0-33139600-1460472021_thumb.png

post-1811-0-18042400-1460472203_thumb.jpg

Boost alloys are rated to 950 kg IIRC ,have a set in storage that I was gonna use on the 110 but I've fallen in love with the idea of banded steels after reading Daan's hybrid thread .Come to think of it are they Boost's or Freestyle's I've got ? There a set on my 300 Disco aswell ,those are deffo Boost's, in graphite grey .

I was going to wave the flag for banded steels, but ozzy already did it for me.

Retro rules, in my opinion, plus say what you like about those alloys, they just look wrong for going offroad.

These are just opinions, but I am going to end this post with factual information: steel wheels are lighter.

Daan

• Like 1