Treasure from the scrap man

Stellaghost

3 hours ago, Peaklander said:

Fortunately not my experience around here. We have given loads on a local fb group and it’s great to see stuff move on. We just gave an espresso coffee maker with steamer. Had it years and stopped using it. A local teacher took it to school for the dept office. It will save them buying the coffee pod things.

Depends on the area. Used Freecycle in Birmingham and use Freegle up here in Lancashire, both to donate and request items, works well. Gave up with Freecycle in Somerset, people would request items and then never turn up to collect them - I only ever had one person actually turn up... We were on a busy road there, though, and putting things in the front garden with a help yourself sign generally worked.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, Stellaghost said:

Saved from the scrapman, garage I use for Mot's had just put this out for scrap as they don't use it

20231130_165842.thumb.jpg.eae958f026ea9af820f73273df620f8b.jpg

full size blast cabinet

regards Stephen 

I paid good money for one that is not as nice as that!!

I got some treasure this morning. No wait I gave up some treasure this morning...

Needed a 250Nm torque wrench for the JCB engine and surprisingly Dad had a meter that went to 360Nm so used that. Cue two days later and I now need a torque wrench capable of 410Nm. So some treasure was given up and a meter (3/4" drive in, 3/4" drive out with beepy buttons) capable of 1000Nm was delivered, along with a 3/4" breaker bar and an impact set of adapters and the required 36mm 12 point 3/4" drive socket.

Stupid Range Rover hub...

Haven't even unboxed them yet.

• 3 months later...

A bit more treasure.....

This was scrapped because piston was jammed in and pedal would not work

20240314_124309.thumb.jpg.b9f51a5dacbc2ed53b05b5d9fc581546.jpg

took me less than 10 minutes to free piston off using some mole grips, now working fine

20240314_124228.thumb.jpg.6a6600603ef5b5dd3dadcbe61948ae55.jpg

I dont have ramps or a pit, however i think i will make a frame so i can use it to hang things off when painting ie; a gate....lol

This was also scrapped just because its no longer required, no use to me whatsoever  so it is free to anyone that wants it

20240314_124327.thumb.jpg.dae05fb768a38740c92d5076b7bd0c5e.jpg

Regards Stephen 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, FridgeFreezer said:

If you find any scrapped 200TDi lumps laying around @miketomcat is your man...

Funny you should say that, I do have a 200tdi with knackered bottom end that I bought from @jason110, just I sure what I'm doing with it as yet

I do have a Disco 300tdi and the R380 that was attached to it that I'm willing to donate to Mike, the only issue being I'm 400+ miles away

I've been following the thread, in all honesty a Td5 is probably the way to go if for no other reason than 200's and 300's will get a scarce a lot quicker than the afore mentioned Td5

Regards Stephen

34 minutes ago, Stellaghost said:

Funny you should say that, I do have a 200tdi with knackered bottom end that I bought from @jason110, just I sure what I'm doing with it as yet

I do have a Disco 300tdi and the R380 that was attached to it that I'm willing to donate to Mike, the only issue being I'm 400+ miles away

I've been following the thread, in all honesty a Td5 is probably the way to go if for no other reason than 200's and 300's will get a scarce a lot quicker than the afore mentioned Td5

Regards Stephen

Well, if you decide to get rid, I’d take the 200’s head as a spare for the very reason you mention perhaps the pumps and injectors too.  I will be returning to the UK in August, so some time after that would be ideal, if it just turns into an anchor for you.

3 minutes ago, Snagger said:

Well, if you decide to get rid, I’d take the 200’s head as a spare for the very reason you mention perhaps the pumps and injectors too.  I will be returning to the UK in August, so some time after that would be ideal, if it just turns into an anchor for you.

I will.keep that in mind

Regards Stephen

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Snagger said:

Amazing some of the “treasures” that are being throw out.  You have some great finds, there.

Agreed, it beggars belief at times....

Regards Stephen

1 hour ago, Stellaghost said:

Regards Stephen

That engine will need the bottom end looking at. It’s got a bottom end knock. We swapped it out with a spare we had in the shed and didn’t look any further into it. 

the pump has a fourby boost pin in that we left on. 

since moved the landy on now. 

On 9/7/2023 at 8:48 PM, geoffbeaumont said:

Depends on the area. Used Freecycle in Birmingham and use Freegle up here in Lancashire, both to donate and request items, works well. Gave up with Freecycle in Somerset, people would request items and then never turn up to collect them - I only ever had one person actually turn up... We were on a busy road there, though, and putting things in the front garden with a help yourself sign generally worked.

Where did you live in Somerset