The EBay Christ I fancy that 4x4 + its cheap thread

22 minutes ago, Anderzander said:

Not a 4x4 but thought this might be useful for someone ? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/126033551679?

Heystee Series disc conversion - with an interesting write up in the description.

Seller: “This listing a rush-job”

Also seller: let me write an essay on why I’m right and everyone else is wrong, how many different kits there are, parts and history of those kits and make sure I get some damn forum quotes in there so people know I’m serious

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, dangerous doug said:

Seller: “This listing a rush-job”

Also seller: let me write an essay on why I’m right and everyone else is wrong, how many different kits there are, parts and history of those kits and make sure I get some damn forum quotes in there so people know I’m serious

😂

If nothing else, they missed out on the opportunity to say the listing was a bit hasty.

And I have just learnt I am a new member of the W*LF W*nker club, having just migrated from the S*wtooth Sh*thead gang. 

Edited by Happyoldgit
At request.
  • Haha 3

I believe he was on this forum known as Landrover17H; He was kicked out of this forum (and several other forums) because of his use of Audible foul Language and generally being a total Bell end.

So if you have facial hair and member of this forum, this is about you:

Quick rant…/
I'm fed up with the forum-fools. This kit works because.... there’s one servo, not four differing self-servo effects at each corner; each can't move fractionally out of adjustment with the other; each can't fractionally move further 'out of time' and line with the other; each cannot do this with every use. Instead, we see consistent, even, safe brakes which will work and stay this way. You do not fit discs to a leafer to avoid brake-fade, excepting the Welsh mountains etc, at Series speeds you'll not get brake-fade.

You’ll read on forums how:

"You don't understand the design, all it takes is correct-adjustment and proper maintenance."

"They managed perfectly well in 1954"

etc etc. Sadly, usually facial-hair with no thought about timing, bias and proportioning.  No amount of maintenance or fiddlin' and 'magic-touch' with snail-adjusters will make Series drums ‘work’ as this kit - even when new.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ThreePointFive said:

If nothing else, they missed out on the opportunity to say the listing was a bit hasty.

And I have just learnt I am a new member of the W*LF W*nker club, having just migrated from the S*wtooth Sh*thead gang. 

Yeah, you’re the worst😂

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, steve b said:

...I was thinking the perfect work truck :mellow: with either a 6BT or at least a 350 SBC . Looks built and I do like that, was it factory or is it someone's dream?

Great spot Mike.

Steve

No need for it to be a work truck, looks like a perfect commuter/grocery getter, to me.

Would have to be petrol V8 ;) 

Very nice, but the white tyre lettering needs to go.

Any hints at what's underneath? Going by the wheels and the suspension mounts, I guess Land Rover. The cross member seems well modified to hide what it is.

1 hour ago, Bowie69 said:

No need for it to be a work truck, looks like a perfect commuter/grocery getter, to me.

I actually believe you would daily this.

1 hour ago, ThreePointFive said:

I actually believe you would daily this.

No question.

- 54 split screen moggy traveller - check.

- 76 ex-comp safari racer "RRC" -check

- '91 Audi Coupe Quattro 20V - Check

Life's too short to drive boring cars.

Also helps I have worked from home for 20 years (none of this COVID instigated nonsense).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gazzar said:

That's very nice. Is it ULEZ exempt?

Probably, if the given (and illegal) number plate is to be believed.

Visited London late last month, amazing the number of classic cars tat you see littered around the smaller streets now, some really nice old Mercs, also saw a lovely Fiat 500 with an exhaust trying to make the most of its 2 cylinder engine -quite good fun, and one in the eye for Mr Khan, his beloved policy causing apparently more polluting vehicles back on to the road.

• Like 2