Gresh

headhunter

Sadly I have to report that Gresh (Nigel Gresham) has been found guilty on all four counts of dangerous driving. :angry:

Sentencing is awaiting 'reports' :unsure:

At this time may I ask that all posts and comments reflect that at the end of the day this is a sad outcome to a tragic event.

Please refrain from making negative posts or getting into petty arguments, the press will no doubt be looking for additional material to manipulate into headlines!

The consequences of this outcome for all Land Rover owners and those who enjoy modifying our vehicles will give us plenty to think about.

My thoughts are with the family and I hope once again they can move on from these sad and difficult events.

John

At the end of the day, thoughts must rest with the ones that they lost - no matter what the cause was.

All the evidence has been reviewed by the investigators, and the jury, and they have made a judgement based on the evidence provided.

Condolences to the family, especially at this time of year.

Today's events are certainly generating some interest:

MOST POPULAR STORIES NOW

Most popular now, in detail

E-MAILED READ WATCHED/LISTENED

Pound falls on signs of rate cuts

Family death crash father guilty

Jailed fan 'can get free pardon'

Woolworths to close in January

Opec agrees record oil output cut

Most popular now, in detail

My thoughts are with Gresh and the family; it wasn't going to be a good Christmas for them and now it'll be worse. There but by the grace of God.

I Feel desperatley sorry for the family

after all said and done what could be worse than the loss of his children, nothing that can be done to him could be worse than the loss suffered.

My thoughts are with the family(all of them)

Totally agree. This is an extremely sad case - my prayers will be with all the family.

I think this says it:

"This is a time for no joy, no celebration, just sadness. I want to send a powerful message to all drivers in the United Kingdom about their responsibility when they get behind the wheel, including maintenance of that vehicle."

Its a frightening loss to endure as a parent and of course its the ultimate loss for those four children who've lost their futures.

There but by the grace of God.

The court's perspective is that it is 'there but by responsible maintenance'

As per Thread header :

At this time may I ask that all posts and comments reflect that at the end of the day this is a sad outcome to a tragic event.

Please refrain from making negative posts or getting into petty arguments, the press will no doubt be looking for additional material to manipulate into headlines!

There for the grace of god go I

All should do well to remember that as we all drive our modified cars around.

Sod all anyone says or does can be worse for Nigel than the loss he and his family have suffered.

Edited as the above post has been removed, rightfully.

Didn't hear a lot from his defence side:

- have they proved the trailing arm bracket snapped at the time and caused the accident or did they merely observe that it was snapped off when recovered. Was the trailing arm broken by the roll and not the cause? I don't think the QC could prove that.

- Speed - from reading all the eye witnesses are known to each other? All from Wellbeck college? The same place as the transit van/minibus driver who Gresh alleges caused the accident. Surely there is a conflict, did they give their statements without the ability to collude?

- The minibus, Gresh must be one cool customer, because right after the accident and as his kids are taken away the PC on scene asked him the cause, and he stated the minibus not giving any way on the road.

- Condition of brake system when tested - it had been rolled and submerged. I don't doubt there was excessive pedal travel if they didn't bleed them etc. Which would then mean nothing. Again, had the rear calipers seized after no use after submergence, was the test done soon after recovery or 6 months after laying in a recovery yard in the weather?

- Missing brake pedal rubber - again, lost after the accident or not fitted? Difficult to prove.

The Jury on visiting the land rover should have had a comparison vehicle, say a police land rover, to compare against it. LRs are not sterile clean vehicles, and no doubt showing the 'state' of the landy from the underside would have been an undue and worthless influence on the juries mind. Good one QC, you really know how to make sure you convict.

Made from 5 vehicles? That's spare parts, what bearing could that have? unless his defence had asked if those modifications had been done correctly..

It seems the one major factor is the calipers, which I assume would have made straight line braking an issue.

I have no idea where the public have been served by this, god forbid they should give Gresh anything more than a fine or community service. To break his already traumatised family up would be unbelievable.

I hope he appeals, why the minibus driver is getting away scot free, since even in his own statement he say HE DIDN'T GIVE WAY, is remarkable. Is it perhaps any chance to do with what a good class of person he must be?

Whole thing sucks and I can't believe it has gone as it has, could they not have done this via a coroners court and left the Greshams out of it?

I watched the local news for Lincoln and the Police inspector said he was giving a voice to the Children

this with other hype re a souped up vehicle.

they showed the 110 being driven through a slalom it did not turn over or lose control, the so called expert said the 110 was a death trap,

hype and exaggeration.

but the other test vehicle they took to the course they failed to load with the sand bags to simulate the vehicle being fully loaded.

This In my opinion is a misjudged prosecution

as I've said over and over there is nothing to be gained by it

what has happened to that family is more than enough for anyone to have to deal with.

A waste of time/money and for the Judge to intimate a custodial sentence then he to is out of touch with reality.

My thoughts go to those who survived and every day have to live with what has happened.

The rescuers were on the program and they to deserve our thoughts.

Nothing can be said which will bring those 4 kids back. The court can not punish Gresh any more then he has already been punished

Some people argue that the prosecution should not have taken place, I say that society needs to know what actually happened to try and prevent similar incidents occurring in the future.

Two possible implications for the motoring public could well be that MOTs have to PHYISCALLY check the chassis and engine numbers against the DVLA data base. This will help to detect ringers. It will also find cases of incorrect information on the DVLA data base. It does happen, DVLA had the wrong prefix on my engine number which could have caused me hassle. Insurance companies may well alter their requirements on modified vehicles so that a motor engineers report has to be carried out. This is already done in some countries.

If the legal/insurance changes helps to get unsafe/illegal vehicles off the road surely that is a good thing?

All repairs/modifications to vehicles should be carried out in a competent manner.

Yes it is a tragic incident and yes Gresh will have to live with that and the court can not punish him more then he has already been punished

Regards

Leeds