Coronavirus

Anderzander

4 hours ago, Red90 said:

You guys really should not be too cocky about doing a good job with nearly twice the per capita deaths as the US and second only to Belgium in the world. Probably below Spain though as they are making up the data now.

No one was being cocky - all I read here was a greater level of caution from those posting. I think Fridge has summed it up really....

1m distancing hasnt suddenly become safe overnight and that wasnt the message given, but it is the message that most people will have heard... People will gradually slip back to 'normal' as thats how they will interpet what the government have said today... that is, until an inevitable second wave hits. Look at Germany...

• Like 1

I saw the report on the news last night of the Reading park deaths and couldn’t believe the lack of social distancing outside the school where one of the victims worked. The Head was reading a statement and pupils and teachers were standing very close together. I think police officers were too. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peaklander said:

I saw the report on the news last night of the Reading park deaths and couldn’t believe the lack of social distancing outside the school where one of the victims worked. The Head was reading a statement and pupils and teachers were standing very close together. I think police officers were too. 

Same with the tribute to the three chaps who were stabbed outside the pub they drank in - couple of masks, no distancing at all. Its adly the same with the riots that have been all over the news for the last two weeks. It will be telling if we see a higher infection rate as a result. People are moving on but the virus is still there.

23 minutes ago, Peaklander said:

Indeed , and no comment from the reportage using Mike onna pole at 2m + ....

Ho F Hum

Steve b

2 hours ago, Bowie69 said:

It's all detailed on the gov.uk website.

Cool.  I went and downloaded it.  Based on that data, there is a statistically significant number of excess deaths for all of April that can not be accounted for where the "Deaths where COVID-19 was mentioned on the death certificate".  This results in around 2 to 3000 per week.  This is nearly identical to the trend seen in the CDC graph above. In any case, the general reporting trend is similar between the two jurisdictions so a comparison of per capita deaths is reasonable.

Capture.JPG

10 hours ago, ThreePointFive said:

Why are you so keen to ensure we all know how shiit we've been? You don't have a stake in this, so why do you need to ensure we're in no doubt we've failed?

Besides, trying to compare the inaccuracy of statistics using other statistics is nonsensical. Almost as much as trying to compare countries with vastly different population demographics. 

Every death from this thing is a failure, we don't need you to state it.

You used to be a voice of reason on here, something's gone seriously wrong over the last 6 months.

We all have bad days, and years. Stress/ life/ Britpart gets to us in different ways. I know I can be quite strong on opinions at times, other times I couldn't care. 

Red is worth listening to, and, as we all know, tonne of voice doesn't translate on keyboards.

So, let's shrug, disagree, and move on. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Bowie69 said:

Clearly you aren't listening to the mood, the information, or rational points of view expressed in this thread.

Please, don't let the door smack you on the arse as you leave it.

Hmm

I made a joke about his manner on it - he took it as an attack - I apologised on here - and the mods must have deleted it all. So I pinged a message over to make sure he saw that I apologised - it’s been read but no reply. Perhaps there is no interest in engaging with people  🤷🏻‍♂️ 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, miketomcat said:

Every death is a failure, every life is a win. Every company that goes bust is a failure and every company that survives is a win. There is no right and wrong way to do it because no one know the answer. I just hope as many as possible survive both mentally, physically and economically. We're all in this together so stop comparing sizes and push forwards!

Mike

Nicely put.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bowie69 said:

Clearly you aren't listening to the mood, the information, or rational points of view expressed in this thread.

Please, don't let the door smack you on the arse as you leave it.

I was simply providing data to clarify the statement that you had made earlier. You may believe the UK is reporting better than the US, but that is not supported by data.   The number of non-Covid excess deaths is proportionally a little higher in the UK scaled for population and number of Covid deaths. That said, the UK is doing better currently, so a few months from now this may all change.

22 hours ago, Bowie69 said:

Nope, we report far more dogmatically that most nations, and we have the testing in place to ensure that happens.

The US system on the other hand....

As to you and others complaining about the subjects I'm discussing.  You do not need to get involved. Getting angry and throwing insults is in no way productive. Beyond my first post which was a bit derogatory towards your country, the rest has been straightforward data presentation and analysis to clarify facts. I'm not sure of the point of getting angry at facts.

1 minute ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Shut up, bum face! :P

You are being very rude. . . . . to bums!

( In jest, not serious, please don't be offended )

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, miketomcat said:

Every death is a failure, every life is a win. Every company that goes bust is a failure and every company that survives is a win. There is no right and wrong way to do it because no one know the answer. I just hope as many as possible survive both mentally, physically and economically. We're all in this together so stop comparing sizes and push forwards!

Mike

I agree with the first and the last part but there absolutely are right ways and wrong ways to do this.  People get paid good money to get this right and I don’t expect to be 6 months into a pandemic and have the advice be “yes maybe masks are a thing, and let’s maybe do testing”

You look at how long and many deaths there were before most countries started getting it together, we are so screwed for climate change....

anyway you are all a bunch of spanner wielders

now go away or I shall taunt you all for a second time 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3