Coronavirus

Anderzander

😄

Think the dogs disagree...

This should keep them happy for 6-7 weeks

Horses are not too worried, either, as they have hay and 3 hectare..

We can go to the shops - with paperwork

We're all going to have to adjust to this. My local LR group has cancelled the monthly meeting. Some of the older members are a bit nervous about what all this means, so we'll all have to ensure that we keep in touch.

This will change a lot of things, in good ways and bad. Stay strong, stay well, we'll get through.

Until they release the zombie virus. . . . . . 

• Like 1

Yesterday we discovered that my Father-in-law was about to go to his village meeting about how to collectively support the vulnerable in the community.

The only thing is, he's 93 and should really be practising social distancing. We suggested that he didn't go.

Today he's going to use Facetime, having used Skype years ago but now his IT dexterity is waning.

• Like 1

Mother in Law is concerned about all the "poor elderly people" locally. She is a very active, all the lights on and oars in the water 78 😄

Strange feeling today around here. Like that unnatural calm and quiet just before it snows.

it is all a government plot designed to cull the sick and elderly, thus reducing the pressure on the NHS, the welfare state, pensions, the housing shortage and no doubt numerous others.

Catch it now while the NHS still has facilities to treat you

I might have already had it. Last week I had headache, sore throat, runny nose and sneezing. Felt nothing different that I have had before, just a cold IMO, but just in case reported to the GP and told to stay at home. No testing though, so who knows ?

16 minutes ago, smallfry said:

I might have already had it. Last week I had headache, sore throat, runny nose and sneezing. Felt nothing different that I have had before, just a cold IMO, but just in case reported to the GP and told to stay at home. No testing though, so who knows ?

Same here at 50 years old. No fever or chills but the common cold/allergy symptoms. I can even hold my breath for over 10 seconds with any chest pain or discomfort.

Edited by JUKE179r

56 minutes ago, Gazzar said:

Phony war.

I'd rather get it now, have done with.

Quite, in fact that has been the government plan all along, allow the healthy and fit to get it, then when they are recovered they can look after the more vulnerable after they come out of isolation.

• Like 1

I’ve been told to work from home. It’s all a bit weird.

I’ve been through the process of thinking about whether I visit my mum. She’s old and not in the best of health and will need shopping - but the guidance and the sensible option seems to be keep away, particularly as my little girl is still in school so we are effectively in contact with hundreds of people.

Yet there’s loads of people out there still going to work and mixing quite freely. I guess even if the likelihood is very small the impact for her is potentially huge.