Hybrid_From_Hell

The EBay Christ I fancy that 4x4 + its cheap thread

Has this thread got mixed up with the other one we had ? “The Christ what the hell is this” one? Or have I imagine that?

i thought we had one to tempt each other to buy something else - and one to marvel at the fraud/hideousnouss/greed being displayed on eBay?

New project Steve ? 😊

Mo

I'm probably alright for projects at the mo Mo! :lol:, but it looks a good one!

Steve

I’m not sure how unique that chassis really is; Protection and Performance used to market that product 

Didn't bowler do a tube land rover chassis for its first Wildcats.

Mike

The Wildcats were all a complete spaceframe aren't they mike? Only the Tomcat was a separate chassis AFAIK. 

Tomcat is technically a spaceframe built on a lr chassis as its all one piece. But if I remember correctly the first Wildcats had a tube version of a lr chassis and a tomcat body. Later they changed the body to the well known style and a full spaceframe with no discernable chassis.

Mike

I was looking for one of these,..... unfortunately I spent the budget on the 3dr classic.

Over here the ID of the vehicle is soley vested in the chassis, so it remains technically a Range Rover, with the vintage tax of €56 instead of a D2 with road tax of €1080!!

Hybrid RR/D2

It's interesting how the different rules breed different hybrids :)

I just had a wander through that guys other items for sale, there is a complete modified 110 cut down to 104, rebuilt etc. for a mere 25k.....You can see there how the bonnet and wings end up a bit messy, and the wings are very square edged, it doesn't seem to be a complete space frame, but the front treatment looks the same.

Just found this one, ..............if only I'd buit a bigger shed.................... 1951 80"

38 minutes ago, discomikey said:

that's been forsale for over 4 years,

he had a set of d2 Ashcroft shafts & cvs that I contacted him about buying when I had my previous spaceframe on its previous axle setup

Remote Controlled Defender

I get a bit befused by some of the modern 'toys' which are advertised now, you get to the end of the ad and wonder what the hell the 'buzz word' is or does, ....... this however I can relate to:D

10 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Remote Controlled Defender

I get a bit befused by some of the modern 'toys' which are advertised now, you get to the end of the ad and wonder what the hell the 'buzz word' is or does, ....... this however I can relate to:D

Whilst Tamiya stuff is good... the cc-01 chassis that uses is IFS :(. If you want a decent Defender RC then the Traxxas TRX4 ticks the boxes with live axles and selectable high/low.

They put the wheel in the wrong place!