Thoughts and musings on the new defender

1 hour ago, Retroanaconda said:

Enjoyed watching that, and very jealous of your access to such routes over there!

I'd agree with the above. It seems to need a bit of oomph to do its thing, additionally the car weighs nearly 2.5 tonnes and so there is a lot of inertia to overcome.

I liked my test drive at the weekend enough to sign on the dotted line and have placed an order for a 110. Hoping for an October build date and looking forward to trying it out off road once it's here - albeit very carefully to begin with!

I thought you’d said you wouldn’t get one because of the depreciation? 

You're one of the few that have even seen one in real life, the fewer that have driven one and the fewer still that did so with the intention to spend money. 

I hope you stick up a thread and start what could be a lively community in here, it would be a shame if the negativity (my own included) were to keep away new members.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Retroanaconda said:

I did say that. But life is short and there are good deals to be had.

What you replacing with this ? 

I'm sure there are deals to be had - it's a fairly tough time now for selling big new buys imo and I very much doubt it will be any different in a year ..

I'm very interested in your upcoming thread about living with one , when do you collect it ? 

cheers

Steve b 

Just now, steve b said:

What you replacing with this ? 

Supplementing rather than replacing I think, something comfier for cruising those Scottish roads. Also being aluminium less maintenance due to high salt content on the roads.

Or cheating by buying a ready made 110 rather than finishing building his :ph34r:

It’s not replacing anything, I’ll keep the 90 but it will be used much less and the new 110 will pick up the bulk of the road work.

I will do a thread when I have it, hopefully some time late October depending on build date and how long it takes to ship over.

As an aside I’ve seen plenty around these parts. There’s one in my village, and I see them on the roads fairly frequently. I passed three on the way back from the dealer on Sunday afternoon.

35 minutes ago, Retroanaconda said:

It’s not replacing anything, I’ll keep the 90 but it will be used much less and the new 110 will pick up the bulk of the road work.

I will do a thread when I have it, hopefully some time late October depending on build date and how long it takes to ship over.

As an aside I’ve seen plenty around these parts. There’s one in my village, and I see them on the roads fairly frequently. I passed three on the way back from the dealer on Sunday afternoon.

Get the other 110 finished 

4 minutes ago, paime said:

@NaksWhat camera is being used round about the 19m30s mark? Is it gimbalised? Really like how you can see the bonnet lurching around but the camera stays nice and smooth.

Cracking scenery as well!

that' my GoPro Hero 7, mounted on the windscreen (inside).

6 hours ago, reb78 said:

What a dreadful video! A test drive in slow motion slowed down more! I think I nearly nodded off!

I didn't watch the video but the frame grab shows two people nodding off inside the car too...

What do we think of the TV ad ? 

The first sight of it lurching at speed off the bush and directly in front of the camera vehicle on the road at speed and then continuing back into the bush on the other side is hardly representative of tread lightly with respect imo

Steve

16 minutes ago, Chicken Drumstick said:

Probably an odd comparison really. The new Defender is much more akin to a Grand Cherokee these days than a Wrangler. Although just looking at the Jeep UK website and it no longer had the Grand Cherokee listed. :(

2021 Wagoneer coming...

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/08/21/jeep-wagoneer-new-teaser/