The "Pass the Bucket" 4x4 For Sale on Ebay Thread

Hybrid_From_Hell

6 hours ago, sean f said:

with the best will in the world a LR with beam axles is hardly going to be "sporty".

I don't think how it drives is usually a consideration with those sort of thing - it's all about the look. Much the same as massively lifted "monster truck" off roaders that would fall over (or to bits) if they actually ventured off road.

When so little effort is put into the paint on a vehicle that is primarily about the aesthetic, it makes you wonder how much effort would have gone into the engineering. Especially when something has been so messed with in safety-critical areas.

I mostly just don't like that middle lamp, though.

• 3 weeks later...

What is going on with the structure around the windscreen surround? Are they trying to make it look like a Snatch? It looks like it's balsa wood covered in felt.

I can't believe someone looked at the Grenadier front end and actually wanted to emulate the shape on their own car.

13 hours ago, landroversforever said:

:lol: the stuck on wood around the two screens made me laugh out loud!

Lollypop stick art used to be a craze...

The amount of work that would have gone into this is the most depressing part. The more you look the better/worse it gets. This reminds me of that Saudi wagon that had plastic bumpers on it.

• Like 1

Found something by accident that's worth a look. It isn't anywhere near the same quality as the car above as it's probably quite well done if you like that kind of thing. However, we all love to see the cars with a tow rope permanently attached to the bumper for the "I need to tell people I am a serious off roader" look... I bring you the ultimate conclusion of that thought process - rope you cannot remove.

View our LAND ROVER DEFENDER

https://www.my-next-car.co.uk/used-land-rover-defender-sandy-bedfordshire-3839862

Like I say, other than that not too bad but if their build cost £70k 4 years ago, they got fleeced. Also minus points for no underbody protection of any sort.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1