its all paid off....

Congratulations... another Harpers success by the sounds of it!

[Edit]... actually, having walked the dog and thought a bit more about what I had put here, the success is yours and HAU has simply given you the tools to be able to learn and, equally, the respect in the employer community that helps you find roles like this...

Bowler do a lot of super secret stuff for LR where LR want someone to do the 'mad professor' bit with 'would this work...' that keeps LR at arms length from the truly nutty stuff but which then pays dividends when it does actually prove to be viable.

Nice one, well done... hope Jess (current 1st year) can follow in your footsteps.

Jess Alvarez - she's the 5' 2" girl... apparently the only girl on the Off-Road Engineering course...!

She came in on Foundation (having messed up at A's by her own admission) but seems to have really flourished in the last 25 or so weeks and appears to be on course to be 'promoted' to BSc or BEng for 2nd year.

She's got a 3 month placement (unpaid) with LR for the summer, working in the Vehicle Capability Team

All the best at Bowler...

• 8 years later...
3 minutes ago, LiftedDisco said:

So… just to resurrect a very old thread….

It gave me very great pleasure to quote this thread last Saturday during my Father of the Bride speech when Jess married the love of her life… yep, discomikey, aka Brownie…

Congratulations you two…

Ha! That's brilliant :D Wonder if it's the first time the forum has been quoted in a wedding speech?

Yes, I’m pretty sure it was - and I hadn’t thought any more about it until a couple of years later when she bounded in the door (she never goes anywhere at a ‘normal’ pace…), saying she’d met an amazing chap who worked at Bowler and had been at Harper…

Recalling this exchange, I’d then looked at her and asked, “is he called Mike…” which absolutely horrified her as she completely misunderstood the fleeting forum exchange and thought he was one of my friends…’beyond weird’ was her reaction…

Needless to say, she relented and saw him again, and again… and it all went from there!

• Haha 1

• western changed the title to its all paid off....